What Do You Live For?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by boo, Nov 13, 2009.

?

What Do You Live For? Multiple Choice.

1. That Special Someone.

44 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Family.

77 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. Friends.

30 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. To Fulfill An Ultimate Purpose. (out of principle)

31 vote(s)
    15.7%
  5. The Hope That Someday You Will Find Happiness.

74 vote(s)
    37.4%
  6. Afraid Of What Death Might Brings.

31 vote(s)
    15.7%
  7. To Win The Lotto.

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Your Religion Forbids Suicide.

7 vote(s)
    3.5%
  9. I Have Nothing To Live For.

59 vote(s)
    29.8%
  10. To Read the Next Harry Potter Book...

4 vote(s)
    2.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

We all search for a reason to live at one point or another, but not all quest is fulfilled with an answer. Where do we turn to then? Which path will lead us to true happiness? Hard to say since each person have different needs.
    But what happen when we face a fork in the road? Do we march in blind folded and let destiny take its course? Tell us what do you live for.

Poll coming.

2. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

On this moment I live because I have to let my dog live his life. I can not see any reasons after. I can not see any work, hobby, studying, house or shopping give me reason continue my life. When he goes, I go.

3. Sad Rabbit

Sad Rabbit Account Closed

It is my conclusion that there is nothing to live for. For me, life is nothing but pain - and is not worth it.

4. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I chose fulfill an ultimate goal. My greater strenght is maybe...

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I forget if it was on this forum or another where I heard about a guy who killed himself because someone had ruined the end of harry potter for him! Pretty wild.

6. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

She's everything to me.. so technically that means I have everything to live for =]

7. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

:rofl:

I know I shouldn't laugh.
    Reminds me of the story about the guy who killed his parents after giving them a pop quiz on Pamela Anderson and they got the questions wrong.

8. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

family - my kids, and hope, someday things could be different
    maybe one day the ticket for the Space Shuttle will be less then 100 US$, or, I may win the lottery and afford to buy it whatever it costs :beam:

9. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Honestly? I don't know anymore. Nothing.

10. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I live for my family and my dog

11. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Family, friends, special someone, purpose, and happiness. But above all that is God and myself.

12. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Family and the possibility of happiness :). If I didn't have a family I wouldn't be able to guarantee me being alive at this point in time...:(

13. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

I dont really have anything to live for, im not sure why im still here.

14. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Nothing. Now I guess I'm pretty sure of it.

15. Eire

Eire Member

But theirs not much to live for since theirs nothing past death? I mean...it's all kinda pointless, I don't know =s it would be easier just to out of it. But...I suppose it would be selfish to want to die...becuase it would hurt other people their whole life...so you have care about their feelings since their whole life all around you would be affected. Um, I guess I live...only to not hurt other people? Since their really is no reason.

16. boo

boo Well-Known Member

It's not selfish wanting to die. In fact i think its the other way around when people are so selfish about their own feelings that they have to label you selfish for wanting peace.
    All death is certain, but what counts is the journey to get there, not the destination itself.

17. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

I was recently told that nobody can tell me whether suicide is the right or wrong thing, it is ultimately my choice, whish gives me at the same time tremendous liberty and as much responsability. That kind of responsability is actually quite scary, and heavier than that burden on my chest, that seems to weigh a ton, when I feel I cannot live any more.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2009
  18. brueyh1976

brueyh1976 Well-Known Member

I live for my family and friends. Without them I am nothing and have nothing.

19. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I like to think there's something 'past' death...if there isn't it just makes everything else more depressing :(.

20. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

If I take my life I will destroy the lives of my Mother and Brother. I believe my Father would survive it. My girlfriend also has OCD and depression but, unlike myself, she is very religious and I believe her belief she will see me again in the afterlife will get her through. I have two very close friends, one religious and one agnostic who will be terribly harmed.

I am only alive because of the collateral damage my suicide will cause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.