What do you look for in a partner?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by whoaaxxsamm, Jan 4, 2011.

1. whoaaxxsamm

whoaaxxsamm Well-Known Member

I guess it's just out of curiosity, because there are so many different opinions out there.

What do you look for in a partner? What is your ideal 'type'?

It would be nice if both males and females would answer. :)
  2. victor

victor Account Closed

tough one, uh?:D
    one thing ive learnt - there r two types of potential partners.
    sometimes u meet a girl, and u like her and shes beautiful n u share the same views n everything is just fine, but u take it slowly, n ure discovering each other bit by bit, ure basically learning to luv each other. U try ure best, try to impress em, try to make em see ur good side.. u know what i mean
    now, the other type is when u just fuckin lose it since day one. u meet em on monday morning, have sex by evening, get out of bed by friday morning, n if u could u'd marry em by the same fridays nite:D when u meet such person u dont try hard, u dont care who they r, what they do or where they come from.. u just lose it:)
    yeh, so i was always lookin 4 this second type.. thats why im on sf right now, coz i found it. twice:D:D:D
  3. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

If I posted it I would get banned :laugh:
  4. victor

victor Account Closed

lol why, by who, 4 what?! what did u do such?:D
  5. whoaaxxsamm

I never knew you could get banned for such things! o_O
  6. victor

victor Account Closed

n u didnt answer to ur thread urself.. cmon, we're waiting:D
  7. whoaaxxsamm

Well, I'm kind of the typical hopeless romantic.
    I'm not one for looks, as long as I'm attracted to them in some way.

I just like for someone to be there for me, as I would for them.
    Someone that won't cheat, or lie.
    Someone that will love me as much as I love them.
    Someone I can laugh with and be immature, but can still be serious with.
    Someone that is kind.
    Uhm, doesn't do drugs, but can still have fun.

I'm too picky for my own good.
    I just want a good person, because I've been with too many crappy people.
    If they care about me, and would do anything for me, that's really enough.
  8. victor

victor Account Closed

:) couldnt say it better myselef (exept the drugs part) lmfao :D but
    they all seems to be hiding in different continents lol
  9. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

i guess anyone who would be interested in someone like me...not to picky but never found anyone...
  10. duka

duka Well-Known Member

I'm trying to use discretion in my dating, but it's hard to be picky about your dating life when it hasn't even started yet. I don't just want to settle for the first girl who's okay with dating me, because that would be a one-sided relationship. I'd have to say I'm looking for a girl who's not shallow and who thinks for herself. There are so many cookie-cutter girls out there who do such stupid and snobby things out of personal insecurity, and they only find themselves attracted to men who can cover this up and make them feel good about themselves. I want a girl who can think, be happy with herself, and roll with the punches that life hands out. Also, I'd prefer finding a girl who's genuinely nice and patient with others, which, believe it or not, I'm having real trouble doing where I'm living.
  11. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

A pulse?

I don't look for a partner...
  12. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

all i want is someone who loves me who allows me to get on with my life.
    If i go away for any length of time i was a kiss and cuddle before i go and when i arrive home, someone who will look after the house and my animals during my excursions (yes they have to be animal mad like me....it helps a lot) and someone who i can cuddle up with on the sofa when i am at home and someone who can debate on things without it turning into an argument, at same time not giving up on their view point and adopting mine to please me (that annoys me)
    i just want a normal everyday person who i can love as much as they love me...simples
  13. victor

victor Account Closed

doesnt sound that simple to me mate, lol
  14. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I just want to be respected and taken care of.
    Someone who can calm me down and hold me when I'm upset.
    Someone who doesn't make promises they will break.
    Someone that I can say anything to without him getting angry because what I said came out the wrong way.
    Someone that will stay with me through my hardest days, and won't stop loving me because I'm crazy.
    Someone who are strong for me when I'm weak and don't give up on me.
  15. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Trust, Loving, Honesty, Kindness, Compassionate,Whole, Giving, Non-judgemental.
    Beautiful on the inside really, i would look for a good communicator too, someone who accepts me and loves me for who i am, not what i can do for them.
    To come home, feel a warm embrace, talk about our days, and often, just sit in silence, so fullfiled happy in the knowledge they are just there.
    Tall order huh?
  16. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

One who has the ability to either play the harmonica or shoot ping pong balls out of her you know what.

Ok but seriously since my last few relationships have all been epic fuck ups of monumental proportions being non batshit crazy and mentally stable would be a good starting point.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  17. whoaaxxsamm

Well said Rukia, same goes for me.
    I mean, I don't need it all, but in a perfect world.
    I would so desperately want it all.
  18. whoaaxxsamm

I LOL'ed.
    You're funny. :)
  19. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

someone stable and positive.
    safety and security. trust. someone
    whos honest and wont even think about cheating on me.
    someone bigger and taller than me... who loves me.
    and has nice hands. :p
  20. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

Yeah, of course they are not all needed, but it would be so nice to find someone like that. :) Or even someone with half of them. Hehe