What do you put your faith into?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Daphna, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

People always put their faith into something in life to make it through. What do you put your faith into, and how does it help you in life's issues and problems? How about in life general, what do you put your faith into and what is it about your faith that gains your trust? This post is not meant for bashing. We all have different beliefs and feelings about this subject, and should respect what others feel about their OWN faith. So please respect people's responses that explain what they put THEIR faith into and why. This post is also not meant for preaching. If you have faith in Yahweh [G-d], you can trust he will reach people in his own time. Blessings..

2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I put my faith in cheese :Jehuty:

3. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I care about whether my beliefs are true...I care that my world view is based on truth/the facts....so i guess that i have faith in the truth and seeking the truth and challenging my beliefs by backing them up with proof and facts and dropping those that don't hold up to scrutiny...that is why religion has no place in my life as it cant hold up to any scrutiny and to believe in it would be deluding myself of the truth...

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you for replying. You are entitled to your faith, and why you believe it. Blessings..

5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I put my faith in Yahweh, because I know he did not make me to suffer in this life. He made me to be the best person I can be whether that is a: mom, sister, wife, daughter, or friend. I can trust in him when he says that I have a purpose in these things, and I can trust that they all fit into his wonderful master plan. His word helps me stay grounded in what is important in life, and how I can be made into the person I was always meant to be [happy, and free]. I trust in Yahweh completely and into his son and his son's birth name Yahshua for redeeming me of all of my past rebellion and that he will lead me down the narrow road to the promise land. I put my hope in Yahweh, his word, and his son, because these things have been proven to me personally. I can understand and respect others do not feel the same, but my responce is about me not you. Blessings..

6. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I try my best to put faith into myself. Not always super successful, but I'm working on it.

7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you for your response. Blessings..

8. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

You know, such a simple question, yet it is not something i have ever thought about.

Who do i put my faith into?

I'm not sure, however i'd like to think that i'll reach a point where i have faith in myself.

9. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

i put my faith in krishna and myself. religiously i put it into god (krishna) and i put faith into myself on a day to day basis that i am living to my potential.

10. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

11. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

I don't know where my faith is right now. That might be part of my problem. But I don't know what to believe, or who to believe IN. It's all confusing.

Currently, I don't believe in anything.

12. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

My faith, by default is in myself. To my tremendous despair I am a lapsed Catholic and medications and therapy haven't helped me enough to stop being suicidal.

13. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I try to have faith in myself. I used to have faith in others.

14. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

I put my faith in my logic and ability to adapt, learn and grow throughout life.

15. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I put my faith in progress. That people can only go forward as we gain more knowledge. That people are inherently good.

Unfortunately, reading about the news has disappointed me once again.... :/

16. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

My faith is in Chuck norris

17. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I put my faith in truth and beauty.

18. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Myself.

19. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you for your replies.

20. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I suppose the only thing I have faith in is my partner. And he lets me down alot too...
    Other than that I dont have faith in anything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.