What do you say to someone who...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by confusiontochaos, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. confusiontochaos

confusiontochaos New Member

What do you say to someone with no job, at risk of losing his car apartment and everything else he has worked for, who has no true friends, who cant identify or confide in anyone on a personal level, who has made more mistakes than footprints, who struggles with addiction, who is crippled with guilt over what could have been, who has loved and lost-both others and himself, who might be going to jail for a crime he didn't commit, who has unrelenting pain, sorrow, loneliness, disenchantment, fear, anger, hate and distrust towards everything and everyone? I am all the above...and thats all I've been for a very long time.

2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

I am in a somewhat similar situation(not going to jail though) so I understand how low you must feel. The only thing we can do is hold on and hope for a better future and really try to work hard for that. Make positive goals and take steps to try to reach them and if we fail, we fail. Good luck and stay safe. :hug:

3. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I would say that he makes a good first impression, is a good writer, and could show promise in that field if he chose to pursue it. I would say that the actions and events of his past has shaped who he is today, and strengthened his character. Finally, I would say that he should not give up, as a lifetime of wrongs can be matched by one event, that would dictate his future for the better. An event that can not be anticipated, or predicted, one that could set him on a good and profitable path, enriching his life from then on.

Or, I would say (breaking from the 'he' way of speaking) that who you are may be a result of your past, but who you will be is a result of what you decide to do in the present.

What you decide is completely up to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
  4. confusiontochaos

confusiontochaos New Member

Actually I used to write poems/lyrics all the time, they used to be therapeutic but now there's no joy to be found. I guess you could say that's something I've loved and lost. It was my tether to sanity but now It's just a mocking shadow and a constant reminder of my degenerating mindstate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.