What do you say to yourself over and over when your depressed??

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Stylez, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stylez

Stylez Well-Known Member

I say these things to a close friend often when I'm depressed and also to myself when I'm in the shower or something....
    To my friend:
    "I don't know about my life..."
    "My life sucks man..."
    "What am I gonna do with my life..."
    And anything else I contemplate with life.

Negative Self Talk
    "Just do it already"
    "My life sucks"
    "Why didn't I fuck that girl..."
    "Why didn't I punch that guy in the face..."
    "I don't want to live"
    "It's not worth it"

Positive Self Talk
    "It's the past you survived it. You're familiar with feeling like shit...don't let that stop you....."

What do you say to yourself over and over again be it negative, positive, or to somebody??

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2007
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Mostly, the only things I say to myself over and over again is just begging something, someone, anyone, to make this all stop. (but I am always alone,, I guess really I am telling myself to make this stop).

That's about it.

That's a good question though. It's made me think, and maybe it will make others think.

3. I say:

There's a light that shines forever,
    There's a light that shines for me,
    There's light my footspets guiding,
    For I've been hiding until now.

It's from the song. I printed it and put it on the wall right above the computer desk.

4. TwilightKid

TwilightKid Well-Known Member

When i am really depressed, i just say to myself that i am a total loser, a f**cking freak, a weirdo, nobody in this world likes me, no one really cares for me, no one will notice if i am dead (except my mum of course!!!). Hm... what else... The only thing that makes me feel better is that any life has the end and i know that this will end someday. So then i feel a bit better. I never say any positive stuff to myself, i am too pessimistic to say anything optimistic. Hm... i wonder how i keep on going??.. Oh well...

5. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

You're fat, You're ugly, dont eat bitch, You're weak, Go cut yourself, You're useless, You fucking retard, You're a fucking slut, Why dont you jump of a building?, Look at you, one big piece of fat, Is there something you can do right, that would be a fucking miracle, You screwed it up again, nobody will ever wanna fuck you, everyone is lying to you, you're such a loser, a freak, why do people care about you, you dont deserve that, i hate you, you dont deserve love, friendship, kindness, people would be better of without you, someone should hurt you every day, someone should break you every day, oh wait, that already happens, yeah you psycho, who would do that to herself, someone who deserves it, when are you going to lose some weight, fat everywhere, its ugly, you will always be alone, no one would want that, just give up and kill yourself

it goes something like that, the whole time, there is nothing positive to say about me. Always have said things like that to me for years, it went worser with the day, thats my life, putting myself down every day, but its ok

6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

You sound like me. ^ That's mostly what I say to myself..

7. Stylez

Stylez Well-Known Member

"I fucking hate my life..."

8. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

I actually mutter under mybreath sometimes quite accidently about 'oh for fucks sake, just kill yourself' when I enter a depressive state.

I did hear though that you should look in the mirror and repeat to yourself positive words, like 'I like myself', 'we're a team', 'I'm gonna do well' and so on.

Sounds like a sack of shit but however you should say it a 1,000 times every day. It might work, look at the brainwashing effect relgious dogma and prayer has over people, who kill themselves because they'll get 10,000 virgins in the afterlife.

9. Edicius si Evol

Edicius si Evol Well-Known Member

^
    sry for the off-topic but i rly like your nickname.

10. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I say:
    "Stop fighting, you'll never win." :sad:

11. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

"this too shall pass"

"my animals need me"

"my animals love me"

12. Jawa

Jawa Guest

Usually I hear my positive, negative, and neutral emotions at the same time. It depends on which voice is louder on how I feel at the current time.

Go kill yourself.
    Work harder.
    Things will get better.

You're a failure.
    You still have time to change.
    You could be doing a lot worse.

I hate myself.
    I hate my current self.
    I'm not that bad!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  13. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Good topic Alienation I know when you're feeling so low it's one of the hardest thing's to pull out of because you're so entrencjed into this sadness.I know for a fact when I'm so down I can't really get up but I've tried thing's such as relax take it easy,try to take each moment as it is,try to forget the past it's happened(believe me this one's hard given my ocd for overanalyzing the past and repetitive thoughts).

14. BrooklynRider

BrooklynRider Well-Known Member

When I was in my depression (a very severe clinically diagnosed depression that had me hospitalized), I didn't think much. I was like a frozen computer. Hit a key and nothing happens. All the juice, but no functionality.

In my case, the thinking and berating of myself LED to depression. It wasn't part of it. My mantra's were: "I wish I was dead," "God Help Me," "Please Kill Me," "I want to die"

Lovely stuff, eh? I thought I was unique. Seems it's garden variety stuff. Don't believe everythig you think!

15. Jawa

Jawa Guest

You make a very good point. I've read about automatic thoughts that people have, apparentely it isn't limited to people with depression, it happens to everybody. Although the resources & information are limited on the particular topic, I'm guessing the automatic thoughts tend to be more frequent and associated with more things (probably generalization) which can help lead to depression.

16. ashla86

ashla86 Active Member

I just keep reminding myself that things will get better. I've been telling myself this since I was 14. But I always think about my mother and sister whenever I get close to wanting to kill myself. I always remind myself exactly what we all went through when my dad did it. My mother and sister are my inspirations to go on.

17. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

I remember when I used to get twatted on drugs like cocaine or speed. I'd feel so confident, I'd look in the mirror and think that everything was just fine. I'd always side with the positive, even if I thought about my problems, I just thought 'Oh well, they're okay, they don't matter really'. Of course though when that buzz fades you're back to normality. It's a shame that I can't drum that positive note into my mind when I'm sober. Maybe i'd be self-deluded but it sure as hell would be a lot more comfortable.

18. life

life Well-Known Member

I say why me why why.....please paın go away ....
    (but nothıng happens).....i want to die....my future is very bad i know ....

19. Hereforyou

Hereforyou Active Member

Look,

Guys you really make this sound hard to overcome. I cant stress HOW MUCH the mind is a powerful tool. Your bringing problems into your life. Instead in the shower say everything your grateful for EVERYDAY and visualize yourself a year from now doing jus fine. If you think positive, you get positive reactions. You think negative you attract negativity in your life. Its the main law of metaphysics. I really wish you would try this cause it IS easy. I mean I used to be a huge pessimist but i change my thoguht pattern to positive and viola my life changes drastically. You know i been thinkin to myself a while now soon a good girl will come into my life, SOON. Notice how i dont say waaahhh i cant get any girls. And look at today a wonderful girl came into my life who I am now talking to. I used to be depressed, a month later of practicing my self help routine I'm the happiest person you can find. It is easy and there are solutions other then basking in your own self-pity (which i did alot). Do something about it thats all i got to say.
    I hoped this helped you and is a new step towards bettering your life.

With all respect,
    Joe

20. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Good thread. I was surprised at how often I say these statements to myself.

For crying out loud.
    Suicide here we come.
    Bulls**t.
    Yeah, just kill yourself.
    HAHAHAHA, you win.
    I will die.
    Just die you pathetic outrageous '(random expletive)'.
    Okay, I can't wake up. Yes, death is the way.

Positive thoughts:
    You will fight this motherf***er you beast.
    Real men don't wimp out. They fight. Be a man, not a pussy cat.
    You will never beat me you sicko.
    Die fighting for something worthwhile you lazy b*****d.
    The happy time will come. Be patient boy-o.

^^They are the main ones. It's vicious territory, hence some of the volatile language.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.