What do you think about me?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Noctifer, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noctifer

Noctifer New Member

Hello everyone.

I am new here. I was reading a few posts and i see that many of you have it far worse than i do. I don't have the problems like dead family members, broken heart or sewer depression. I am though depressed (at least i think so). I am mostly sad and unlike others i don't enjoy stuff like going out, get your drivers license or going to the sea. I am a loner, i do have friends but i prefer to be alone. I know i am different but that's not what bothers me, its the problem that i simply don't enjoy life. I see no point in my life, no reason to live, nothing seams to make me really happy. To me life is nothing more then "going with the flow", i don't have any dreams or plans for the future. Neither do i believe in a God or a afterlife. So if there is nothing to look forward to in life, if i don't enjoy it and if all i do means nothing since nothing matters when i die (since there is no afterlife), what reason do i have to live on? I never tried suicide nor did i plan anything but i think a lot about death.

So i want to hear what you people think about me and my situation.

2. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I think you have obvious symptoms of depression and should see a psychiatrist.

3. Poirot

Poirot Guest

have you seen one? you cant have otherwise you wouldnt be here

for most loners,seeing one wont work

4. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I see one every month, and I suspect most members here also have or are seeing one.

I don't think the OP has ever seen one because he only thinks he may be depressed, which leads me to believe he's never been diagnosed by a dr.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It does sound like symptoms of depression A doctor could help get you a therapist and medication to get you out of the lull your in. Wouldn't it be nice to actually feel things for a change go see a doctor and get help. You have nothing to lose Try and see how it helps okay

6. confuzzle

confuzzle Well-Known Member

What do I think of you?
    I think that you are a brave person, coming and seeking help.
    I also think that we come from similar situations, but then again, don't we all? Similar, not exact, but similar enough for us to come to this place.
    Your reasons to live could be anything you want it to be.
    For me right now, its breathing, and looking forward to hamburgers for dinner.
    I can't advocate a therapist, psychiatrist, or any doctors, cause I haven't gone to see any yet. I want to go to see one once I go to college in the fall, because its already been paid for.
    I think you are going through a rough spot, and I feel good about you. Not feeling good of what you are experiencing, but that I feel a bit of hope seeing someone new who just wants support and help that I also want.
    Don't know how long I will keep this positive outlook but for now, its enough.
    Hope you find what you are looking for!
    :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.