What do you think happens after death?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by xenflyz, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xenflyz

xenflyz Member

What are your beliefs about the possibility of afterlife?
    I've read a lot about near-death experiences, but that can be explained by chemicals brain releases in a distressing situation.
    So what does everyone think about this subject?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Personally I don't believe in heaven or hell, I take great comfort in believing that I will be in peace finally. Yeah, near death experiences can be easily explained so I prefer not to believe that there is an actual other life, or a better place....I think it will lead to a nothingness, just rotting 6 feet under.
  3. rainforest

rainforest New Member

After death people become dead.
  4. Obsessive

Obsessive Well-Known Member

I believe that any supposed "afterlife" is nothing more than an invention of one's own brain. There has never been any evidence that we have "souls" which persist after death. Smells to me of nothing more than wishful thinking; for some people it's just impossible to conceive that their hopes, dreams, memories, and personalities will just vanish into the wind. People like to believe that they have some sort of purpose in life and that their actions will mean something, but from my experience with life, the truth is never that comfy.

Of course we'll never know for sure though because the dead are very rude people. They never call, they never write.
  5. theothermask

theothermask Member

Well, you didn't existed as a mind in time before you were born, what's the problem with time after you're dead?
  6. I believe that I'll be going to the island after I die from this world.
  7. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

I believe I will be reincarnated, I'm not sure as what and I honestly don't have a certain thing I'd hope for.. each life has several downsides no matter how "happy" or "healthy".
  8. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

I believe God will judge me, and send me to Hell.
  9. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

I'll be transported to a world of clouds, flying penguins, and soap bubbles with psytrance playing as background music.
  10. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

No wait, that was an old screensaver. Here is what really happens.
  11. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Well, if Hell is anything like the way Dante described it, it will be so cold that our tears of pain will actually freeze in our eyes, depriving us of even the smallest emotional release, unlike life where we can wallow in our misery to a ridiculous extent. I'm gonna go ahead and hope for the "Hell doesn't exist" option while trying to be a decent person to hedge my bets. In other words, I have no fucking clue what happens after you die, as I imagine none of the living really do.
  12. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

I hope they have internet in hell.
  13. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think death is like waking up from a dream.
    For many people here, including myself, it's like waking up from a nightmare.
  14. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

I'm not scared of death, or hell. When we die its a win win imo. We get eternal peace or paradise. We also can reincarnate. We have all had previous lives. We are pieces of the creator incarnated. The person it self doesn't live on but all there memories and experiences go back to the creator consciousness. Some races have advanced so far they have technology to see there past lives, this is what many people who have had experiences with higher beings say.

15. Maybe there will be a place like SF in hell.

16. This world certainly is the nightmare. Although, I imagine that the next place will be like the most beautiful lucid dream ever imagined, times 9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999+ better.
  17. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

Of course they do. With 56K modems.
  18. :laugh:
  19. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Eeeeeek! I'd prefer devils with forks and boiling oil!!!! :eek:hmy:
  20. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

It depends on how enlightened your mind is, basically, and if you have managed to find your true love or not. True love cannot include the inclusion of children, in the relationship, by the way, since the love cannot be complete for one another, then, not to mention how bothersome and horrible children are. But if you indeed have found your true love, and the both of you were complete virgins, before you had sex with each other, your souls will merge in this life, already, the first time you have sex, and when the two of you, in time, and in youth, join each other in "death," together, you will be together, for all eternity, in a perfect existence where you will keep pleasing each other, in absolute beauty, forever.

In the case that you've met your true love, but he or she unfortunately wasn't a complete virgin, your souls cannot join in this life, already, and you will have to reincarnate, one last time, so your souls will be able to merge in a new life, instead... after that, you, as well, finally will be able to be faced with this perfect eternity...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.