what do you think happens to us when we die?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by mortdesinos, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Life represents a cycle. Eating is a cycle, sleeping is a cycle, working is a cycle, walking is a cycle. When we die, does the cycle end, does it get passed down to our children, if we have any, or does it continue ?
  2. I'll be going to the island.
  3. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I beleive we'll go to Heaven.
  4. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I believe we're born again (reincarnation).

BOLIAO Guest

if there is re-incarnation, i think we will be re-born again to go through the same situations again and again till we learn to handle it if we were to suicide.
  6. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

it continues in some way it will effect things in some way. even the most isolated person with no family or friends, their death will effect something in some way and set of a chain of other small perhaps imperceptible changes in the environment, in people, and things just cycle on and on and on,

slowly memory might fade and time passes

i threw a stick into a watery pool bogged by dead leaves yesterday and saw the ripple effect. the larger the stick the more stronger and widespread the ripples the smaller the stick, the ripples were tiny, intense and close together. i'm now thinking of who dies and whose death makes more shockwaves/makes more of an impact on memory (individual memory as well the number of those individuals)-- and the nature of those waves- how much is genuinely felt, how much is it cultural duty to grieve, do people even learn from others' lives at all or is it a show all the time to weep and moan and things?

my father wanted to have children to 'pass on his genes' he said. i think he recently said he wants to have a boy so it could pass on his name, as he is nearing old age/probably thinking about death a lot. it's not going to happen.

i don't want to die. i just don't want to die-physically or spiritually or emotionally. i'm starting to figure out a way of life that is making me alive. really alive.

and what does it mean to die? maybe death is just a change- maybe there are things that happen after death that i've never given thought to. i suppose i'm too busy at the moment concentrating on life and experiencing and feeling life rather than death- i've always thought death was nothing but perhaps that was my mind's way of soothing myself that there was an option of blankness, of nothingness- but maybe something does happen. but who am i? who is this 'me' who is going to live on? where am 'i' where do 'i' exist? i don't know. i'm still thinking/working things out...
  7. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I don't think anything happens to us, personally - not on a spiritual level anyway.
  8. Canti

Canti Guest

I think you just go, much like when you´re put under local anesthetic. Your body lies rotting whereever and you dont give a shit because you cant give a shit, you have no mind to think to give a shit. Im a logically thinking guy. If i knew for fact that after death i could still float around or continue my life then i would have already killed myself.

Edit.. I supose alot of people would kill themselfs if they knew of a real afterlife, huh. Great example >.>
  9. Whitewolf

Whitewolf Well-Known Member

Hmm, I think I've said this many times, I guess it's a common question on a suicide forum so Yay for copy and paste =D.
    I think our spirits return to the earth, and so does our matter. Thus our spiritual and physical essence are recycled until ultimately we become humans again, or parts of us do. Of course having children, is another part of contributing to this recycling process. It sounds rather stupid when i put it this way, but it really is magnificent and beautiful i think when you think how the universe recycles itself, every atom in it.
  10. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

no one gets out alive. the only thing that changes is technology. wonder r we on earth for a 'technological' reason by a superior being?
  11. jessikah2k8

jessikah2k8 Well-Known Member

Life confuses me. And I think we go to Heaven or Hell when we die.
  12. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

We rot slowly, and return to the earth
  13. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I think that when you die, you're buried, and you rot, you aren't concious, you aren't anything.
  14. Falcon0006

Falcon0006 Well-Known Member

I reckon we'll either get our memory wiped and fast forwarded to another life, because we don't remember what happened before we were born, we didnt have conciousness, so maybe our memory had been wiped and we had a life before in the past.

Or, this is really unlikely but it would be cool, you get to choose the life you want next, because i can see why some people would choose some life's, and then it didnt turn out the way they expected. Life life is a whole deciding process, and then we can learn from it and choose a better life next time around.

I don't believe in heaven and hell, its a stupid concept made up by a society ages ago to make people try and be Well-behaved. besides if you don't have the right state of mind you can go to hell. What about the mentally ill people who didnt really have a choice, it was just society, or genes that made them the way they were.
  15. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

you leave your body, yopur spirit/soul goes out of your body.

you can feel love and comfort and warmth but no pain.. you sort of float and can go faster then walking.

there is a Heaven.. I have seen it with my own two eyes but God would not let me stay.. He made me go back because many true hearts were praying for me.

Heaven is a lot more beautiful then anyone ever has ever been told, the cool waters, the blue sky, the cool breezes, the angles voices have such a harmony unlike you have ever heard before in your life, the tree in the middle where the water flows from is nothing like you have ever been told in any book.

And then there is the darkness, cold place, where it is so dark you cant even see your own hands let alone your own body, it is pitch black, damp and cold, i seen this dark cold place when i attempted my life and left my body, i also seen the gates of Heaven, my mom, my grandma, my grandpa, those that i loved and had pased on..

GOD loves us more then you would ever begin to imagine.. To see what i seen and to know that i will be going there soon, there is nothing in this world that would stop me from going back there, nothing, cause i know God will be coming for me soon and if you could have seen what i have seen then i think your outlook on life and the life after death would change a lot. it is beautifull so pretty.. so much love, care, warmth... i cant even begin to explain it all.. but believe me it is a place to be at when you pass from this life to the next.

Why am i still here?? well probably because God wants me to be a witness to what i seen or to others for them to know what i went through and still fight from day to day, but oh how i got such a beautiful place to go to soon..
  16. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

you seace to exist and your children have your genes
    turned off like a machine

you never find out until you're dead tho
  17. Emptysoul

Emptysoul Well-Known Member

well unless you belive in re-incarnation there is nothing after death
  18. Kate.

Kate. Member

how is walking a cycle? it doesn't have to be. ie, you can walk from a to b to c, and never go back to a or b. then walking would be a line! just kidding with you.

to answer the question:
    i think our bodies are just that-- bodies. we live with them for a little while, and when it dies, it's gone. into the dust it goes. but our souls? our minds? it's really depressing to think that when we "go," that's gone too. it would make life seem so pointless.
  19. incognito

incognito Well-Known Member

when we die, we no longer control or operate in our physical bodies. to be without mind is to be without cognition, which is to be without consciousness... wonder if I am making sense...
  20. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

When I die I can guarantee that G.W still have an IQ of 2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.