What do you think hurts more: cutting or burning?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by mollyzog, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mollyzog

mollyzog Member

I think burning does thats why i do it...

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I used to try to change the way I feel by drinking. It didn't work. I finally had to start facing my feelings, work through them, and then let them go.

Stuff still comes up but I've dumped a lot of stuff. I've learned that I have worth and I've learned to set boundaries. I still suffer from depression, I always will, but at least I'm okay most of the time now.

Please post here about what is happening and how you feel. It will help. A lot of us have been through the same things and understand.

:hug:

3. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Cutting hurts more to me than burning, I've tried both. But I guess it's individual...
    But don't hurt yourself :hug:

4. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

i like burning. i think it hurts more, it leaves a better scar and the actual act is much more enjoyable. chemical burns aren't so satisfying though.

5. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

depends on your pain threshold i suppose, burning hurts me more but cutting does me more damage so theyre both a risk

6. My_eyes_lie

My_eyes_lie Well-Known Member

I dissociate for both, but I tend to cut more. Does more damage and I write words.

7. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

burning well burns. cutting isnt so bad.

8. Xibalba

Xibalba Member

I think it honestly depends on how bad you do it. Initially burning does IMO, but I use a nice big cigar and put it out on myself. In the long run though, cutting hurts more for me, but when I do cut it gets to the point where I do so much my chest will literally disappear then next day from scabbing over :(

9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Depends. Most cuts I make hurt very little, but in certain places they hurt badly for days and days. Burns are also quite variable.

10. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I find burning hurts more. Though it goes numb when you do it long enough, whilst it's healing the pain goes on and on. So longer lasting and more to fiddle with for me than cutting.

11. Drekono

Drekono Well-Known Member

I would say cutting hurts more. When i burn i hold it till it hits 3rd degree where it will destroy the nerves and then you dont feel anything anymore. At first it is much worse then cutting though. Cutting does tend to be more damaging, especially when stitches are involved.

12. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Burning leaves an ugly mangled circle, and hurts more, unless you cut deep. Cutting leaves a thin red line, the blood runs down your arm, less pain, but its still there.. I can see how people make it into a ritual, romantacize it cutting rather than burning. I used to romantacize it when I used to cut.

13. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

i like both...but mainly burniing.

14. TheOtherMe

TheOtherMe New Member

gonna kinda necro the thread but, here it is (lease for me) burning is my main deal (now) like the other 1 said b4, soon as u burn thru the nerves u all good to go. really painful part is the healin up afterward. 'specially when u gotta rip that dead burnt skin off......

15. letty

letty Banned Member

To me burning hurts more, but i like the feel of the blades so i cut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.