What do you think of children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickett

Children are something else. So energetic! They have such a passion for the most simplest things. Sticking their tiny foot in your big shoe or running around the house with a toy car. Why do we have to get old? lol

Most of the time children don't have to worry. They haven't felt real pain yet. Don't get me wrong. Some children have rough lives at the start and become a little messed up. It can never be rainbows and puppies forever either. Children see their parents hit each other because of stress, bills, etc. Sometimes kids are ignored too long or physically abused.

I guess I just don't see why anyone would want to bring another person into the world. It's so horrible. The world is so screwed up. I've wished many times I could have been spared all of this. After all, it wasn't I who chose to exist.

I guess I'm too old to cry about my parents' reactions to me coming out now. I should be over that. They've changed but still hold out hope that I will find a girlfriend. It's really hard to forget some of the awful things they did, but shouldn't I be over it by now?

Hold up, maybe I'm getting off track here. I guess I just wanted to know how others felt about bringing another life into this world. To me it just seems cruel. I feel like I don't stand a chance in this world because of my health problems and it seems like there's a conspiracy to weaken damaged people. Maybe it's not so much a conspiracy but just the way the world works.

Even when we're young that's when we first learn to be mean to others. Somebody did it to us and now we get even. We see someone else who looks weird and distance ourselves from them out of fear. And technology is so much different today and I know older people will definitely agree with me there. It's a messed up world and some of us really go through the meat grinder.

Axiom

Account Closed
Id teach and show my kids the best in life, and be there to help them through the worst parts.. i know alot about being overly protected and neglected and confused by my parents. Id want the best for my kids
sigh.. i want kids:(, i dont think the worlds a horrible place. I think it has horrible elements. But id never allow myself to bring a child into this world, simply because im fucked up and it would never be fair on them.

The worlds not entirely cruel, it has beauty and freedom, and strength in it too.

nolonger

I'd never concieve a child, because it'd cost way to much for me, and why bring someone else into the world when there's heaps of others out their that don't have families?

As we get older, there's only more to worry and be unhappy about.

Ouroboros

SF Supporter
This is a subject I have thought about a fair bit. I too have thought 'I never chose to exist' however the people who love living didn't choose it either... how could we have chosen to exist before existing? we would have to exist to make the choice... but regardless of that, bringing a child into this world is not something to do lightly, you shouldn't just do it on a whim. The thing is, like all aspects of life, it is uncertain. You cannot possibly know how this child will turn out or what may happen to them.

The other aspect I have thought of is that by having a child not only may I be subjecting another life to potential pain and suffering but I would be adding to the heaving mass that is the human population. Thing is pain and suffering could potentially happen BUT so could a wonderful life full of happiness and great experiences. So... I do like kids, not all of them but in general, they do have a wonderful view of the world (mostly). I believe I will have children some day provided I can keep control of my mental health.. I won't pursue having kids intentionally unless I am stable. I would wish to give them the best start in life I am able to give them, and I know I will make mistakes (just like anyone) but I will always try my best and whatever crops up in their lifes journey I will support them (until I am no longer around at which point I hope they will be independent of me). As for the population.. I would not have a whole litter... 2 children at most most likely unless of course nature does a sneaky and gives me multiple at once, although I may adopt... Its a pretty scary prospect thinking about being responsible for someone, I definately want to be well before any of that, have a stable income and home etc, but yeah I recon I will have kids.

Illusion

I'd never concieve a child, because it'd cost way to much for me, and why bring someone else into the world when there's heaps of others out their that don't have families?

As we get older, there's only more to worry and be unhappy about.
Exactly. No offense if this relates to anyone on here but when I hear people talk about wanting to have 5 something kids or more I get pissed off at them. They're so many kids without families in the world yet they want to create more and run up the population rate even more just so they can have their own "flesh and blood". However I don't want kids cause they trigger with my anxiety to much. I can't even take care of my own self without help, I wouldn't want another life form to suffer from my lack of caring parental traits. But anyways.. I do believe most kids see the world in the most glorious way as long as nothing bad fucks up their mental image of it. When I was a kid I had the most glorious outlook on life. It was amazing to wake up feeling like everyday was an adventure instead of hell. Most kids are so full of life and even some adults can learn from them.

Growing Pains

I used to not care for kids. My opinion of them changed as I grew older, though. I actually like them now. I can't imagine life without my nieces. There's just something about kids. I think it's that they're just so young and still innocent. Provided they've had a good start to life, everything is still beautiful to them. Like my niece... she can find beauty in the ugliest weed. I think I'd like a kid or two one day. But I think I'd only like one or two. Like others have said, I don't think I could bring more than that into this world. Problems with the population and all that... That is, assuming, I'll ever even be able to have kids. Might not be an option for me. Eh.

Jeserai

I like children, if they are others'. I don't want children of my own. I can't be responsible for bringing a life into such a screwed place like this world. And then I don't even mention the genetic part from depression...
I wanted dead when I was 6 years old. I didn't wanted to be alive. So how could I do that to a child. I can't put a child on this world.

bhawk

Children are something else. So energetic! They have such a passion for the most simplest things. Sticking their tiny foot in your big shoe or running around the house with a toy car. Why do we have to get old? lol

Most of the time children don't have to worry. They haven't felt real pain yet. Don't get me wrong. Some children have rough lives at the start and become a little messed up. It can never be rainbows and puppies forever either. Children see their parents hit each other because of stress, bills, etc. Sometimes kids are ignored too long or physically abused.

I guess I just don't see why anyone would want to bring another person into the world. It's so horrible. The world is so screwed up. I've wished many times I could have been spared all of this. After all, it wasn't I who chose to exist.

I guess I'm too old to cry about my parents' reactions to me coming out now. I should be over that. They've changed but still hold out hope that I will find a girlfriend. It's really hard to forget some of the awful things they did, but shouldn't I be over it by now?

Hold up, maybe I'm getting off track here. I guess I just wanted to know how others felt about bringing another life into this world. To me it just seems cruel. I feel like I don't stand a chance in this world because of my health problems and it seems like there's a conspiracy to weaken damaged people. Maybe it's not so much a conspiracy but just the way the world works.

Even when we're young that's when we first learn to be mean to others. Somebody did it to us and now we get even. We see someone else who looks weird and distance ourselves from them out of fear. And technology is so much different today and I know older people will definitely agree with me there. It's a messed up world and some of us really go through the meat grinder.
I love children, i always find myself looking after my friends children happily and now i am going to be a father myself and all i can do is my best. To be honest after my past i do know that i will more than likely wrap them in cotton wool to an extent although they will still see the reality of where their food comes from etc.

All we can do in life is our best and me and the mother are both focused on doing nothing but. It has meant me sacrificing my current career in order to be able to spend more time at home and many other things which are also being sacrificed. It is all worth it though, children - Besides tiring and stressing us - Also manage to revive our inner child and so far i have been banned from tescos for leek sword fights, wheelchair derby, the "bogey" game, trolley racing and screaming like a kid...all with my mates children, yet it was unbelievable fun!

My point throughout this post.....kids are awesome lol

Mr Stewart

I like kids well enough. The problem is that I never learned how to interact with them as an adult. When I'm around them I don't know what to do.

As for having any of my own: First, let's set aside the problems I have and the extreme unlikelihood of my ever been in a position to conceive any. I don't think I would want to. 1. I don't think I would be a good parent. 2. I couldn't guarantee that the child(ren) would have a happy life. If I can't guarantee to an absolute certainty that they would be happy and nothing bad could ever happen to them, then I can't do it. Yes I know that sounds insane. But nevertheless, that is my criteria.

Issaccs

I find it quite telling to see people feeling strongly enough to insult and slander parents lovingly raising their own children when they wouldn't consider raising a child, adopted or not themselves.

But just as an aside, a few years ago my Uncle and Aunt tried to adopt, they already have to children but the agency refused citing that they were concerned that as my Uncle already had an autistic son an adoptive child would be at risk of receiving too little attention.

I have one child and I love her. Do I want any more kids? Not right now. Maybe some day I will adopt. I found out I had ovarian cancer moments after her birth. 10 months later it came back. Something happens to your view on having children when you find out you can NEVER have any. I went into a severe depression even though I did not and still do not want another one. But to have no choice in the matter is upsetting.

HakunaMatata

I gooble them up. That’s how much I like them. I think I have a great connection with little kids as I can release my inner child and be silly. – I don’t think I need to say anymore xP

rx4brdm

Being the shy guy I am. I'm not the best with kids... to begin with. I'll always be a kid, my toys have just gotten more expensive.

Bringing one into this world however would be a huge decision. Mom would love a grandchild, but it's not her decision. There would definitely have to be a stable relationship. Don't care for the idea of a kid having to deal with a step-parent. So many variables.

Then there is the condition the world is in at this particular time. Yes, it's tough, but many generations before mine have dealt with HUGE world issues. World Wars, depression, plagues, etc. Not to say my child would change the world, but maybe he/she could be part of the generation that made even a bit of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00