What do you think of me when I tell you Im married to a crossdresser?

Mat Voleido

I'd say if you guys love/have a connection with eachother and are comfortable, then there's no problem.

I don't really have an opinion. Whatever works for other people is fine with me. (Other than like, real rape or something) It's nobodies place to judge anyways :p

Your asking us to be honest shows that you have some reservation about this. Perhaps you feel it is improper, or society deems it improper to marry a cross-dresser.

But society is pretty mature in most places where they won't care.

@Matt Voliedo; fake rape, while it may seem to be a great practical joke, is probably a pretty terrible idea also.
in fact i think anything with the word rape is bound to be a terrible idea.

Mat Voleido

Your asking us to be honest shows that you have some reservation about this. Perhaps you feel it is improper, or society deems it improper to marry a cross-dresser.

But society is pretty mature in most places where they won't care.

@Matt Voliedo; fake rape, while it may seem to be a great practical joke, is probably a pretty terrible idea also.
in fact i think anything with the word rape is bound to be a terrible idea.
I know. I think it's terrible as well, but that being said, as long as sex is voluntary, I don't really have the right to say anything. Involuntary, on the other hand...

Addy

Well! First of all thank you all for replying. I glad you all gave your candid reply but I cant help but wonder if I tell people close to me, people who actually know me, what they would really think. Its not something you tell your boss, tell the people on the street. And because of that, I wanted to know what people here would think if I told you.

Second question....

Do you think people who find it 'uncomfortable' would not even bother replying me?

Well! First of all thank you all for replying. I glad you all gave your candid reply but I cant help but wonder if I tell people close to me, people who actually know me, what they would really think. Its not something you tell your boss, tell the people on the street. And because of that, I wanted to know what people here would think if I told you.

Second question....

Do you think people who find it 'uncomfortable' would not even bother replying me?
The real question should be, can you get an honest response on a support forum? We're here to support you, not to bring you down.

Yes there are many people who may find it odd, but i don't think it would be important to point out to your boss or such people that your significant other is a cross dresser. That's like going up to your boss and saying that your wife is bi. Both are life style choices, and they don't really need to know.

Addy

perry_mason

secondl reaction:
should we think that it gay or whatever?

I dont know.... Im 100% hetero... so I dont get anything out of it when he is dressed. if you know what I mean. So where does it live us?? hmmm I think we cant be put in a box/label....?

A_pixie

Why the hell not?

I like it personally but in a general point of view at least you keep things interesting! Boredom is a killer my friend.

I say you're lucky to have someone who loves you/who you love no matter what their interests are.

Crossdressing is no big deal I think. If you are saying your partner is confused about their sexuality or confused about their gender, now that is different.
But from what I know about it, it appears to be just a hobby and has no baring on a persons sexual preferences.

ballinluig

Do you love him? If you do completely then you have your answer. I doesnt matter what others think, its your discision surely?
I married a biker and my parents hated him, my father still does but we've been together now 23 years and have lovely kids.

Society always dictates whats the 'norm' of things, but whats normal????

Gay, cross dressing, lesbian, straight- its up to the individual. As long as your happy, build on that relasionship. If your not happy then you need to think why?
Im sure from what Ive read on here folk tell you the truth but mostly support you as an individual person. Take care donnax

Last edited by a moderator:

Anju

I think you're a very lucky person to be married to another.

That person being a crossdresser? Well, I'm glad you're not the type of person who lets that get between love! Cause at the end of they day it doesn't really matter...or at least it shouldn't. I also think you should ignore people who give you grief for it- they are just ignorant. In this world, I think one could do a lot worse than a crossdresser...:wink:

What really matters is what you think.

But I think it takes a great deal of understanding, a lot of acceptance and kudos goes to you.

In the 'real' world you'll get a lot of different reactions I think - from admiration to so what to the negatives. You just have to look at the press for those.

Cards on the table time I'm transexual and know, and have known quite a few people across the gender spectrum.

There are some Transvestites who are indenial about there gender issues (TS), some who just want to take on their different personna from time to time and others where its purely sexual.
One thing I believe strongly is that no matter where someone on the spectrum falls its not something they can 'control' or choose.

I'm not sure if your isolated in this but maybe its worth finding a group where there are other wives you can talk to - I think that would help you greatly.
If I can help any further, or anything you just wanna ask feel free, in the forum or private me.

Sarah.

xan

Chat Buddy
It really is more important what you think about it than what other people do, and wether he wants other people to know before you tell people. I mean I don't really tell my boss anything about myself or people I have relationships with. Also does he actually get some sort of sexual thrillf rom it or is it just something he enjoys to do? If it's the later then you don't have to worry about the not getting anything out of it. I don't think it's really as big a deal as everyone will make of it.

nagisa

Staff Alumni
Cause at the end of they day it doesn't really matter...or at least it shouldn't. I also think you should ignore people who give you grief for it- they are just ignorant. In this world, I think one could do a lot worse than a crossdresser...:wink:

Completely agree. :smile:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00