What do you think of the "Sharia" Police....

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by cloud9, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I just think its sad that something like this needs to be policed. Also, the fact that teenagers are prevented from acting on their feelings. At that age how can you not notice a certain girl or guy. Is it wrong to have those feelings and express them? Just because ur religion doesn't permit you to, does that mean it should be policed? Shouldn't we have the freedom to choose what we want to follow?

Stuff like this bothers me and makes me glad I live in the West.

Your thoughts....?
  2. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Ermmm, i think it happens a bit closer to home then you think, actually. The UK not excluded. Theres been a fair bit in the media, in the UK,and i think muslim women have to go before the Sharia when they want to do almost anything, i.e. divorce, complaints of abuse etc........... Its happening in your soceity, right now
  3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

The article went as far as to state that sharia law is enforcement of a obeying a religion and the sharia police are used to enact that enforcement.

The sharia police were dressed militarily, which is intimidating. Also, these police are fulfilling the individual desire to be tough, in control, fulfilling an image men are portrayed to be all over the world.

This is not the love of God at work. This is the controlling desire of men who want power over a people.
  4. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

This is the controlling desire of men who want power over a people.

I agree.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.