What do you think there is after death?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Beautiful Disaster, Mar 25, 2009.

?

When I die I

1. will go to heaven

60 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. will go to hell

42 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. will be reborn

82 vote(s)
    17.0%
  4. will become a spirit

69 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. other, read my thoughts in the comments below

229 vote(s)
    47.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

I am just wondering what you all think will happen to you if die.
    How do you, if you believe there is, vision the after life?

:blink:

2. Beautiful Disaster

I think I will be reborn because death is soo dead, final and long and, yeah I don't know.
    So i hope I will come back again to do whatever..

3. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

id like to think that id become a spirit so that i could watch over those that i had left behind and take care of them that way

4. kulay

kulay Guest

nothingness. no pain and sorrow. just nothingness... and sometimes i think that's preferrable

5. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I would find nothingness to be a strange feeling, given that we can't experience it.

How does it feel to not exist? What sort of fate is that?

6. Beautiful Disaster

I cant imagine what complete nothingness would be like, and for how long it would be..

weird

7. BlueWind

BlueWind Well-Known Member

8. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Well, what do you think you were before you existed? And even if you think you had existed before, does this mean you'd previously been reincarnated an infinite number of times?

9. Beautiful Disaster

I dont wanna think that hard :)

Yeah i really dont know
    it just gives me a safe feeling 'knowing' that there is more after this life.

10. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Unfortunately (for those who led "good" lives), or fortunately (for those who didn't), it should be exactly like it was before we were born; nothingness, with no memories, thoughts or existence of any kind. Seems kind of empty and makes life somewhat meaningless, but if we become a "spirit" or float around as some type of energy, that would mean that even an amoeba would have an afterlife and it would be kind of crowded (sorry for the sarcasm).

11. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

99% of all matter in the Universe is dead or inorganic material. When you die you join the majority and the particles and energy that makes up your body separate to continue on their own journey -- worm food basically, :laugh: .

But that's ok, your body is made up of recycled energy and that energy has been around for a while in one form or another. Life is overrated, especially since there will be no consciousness after death.

For the absurdist definition of death. See The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

Though it would be really cool if you could become a spirit. I wouldn't stick around my friends and family. I'd explore the galaxy. Go live on Jupiter for a while, walk on the sun, visit the Milky Way super black hole in the center.

12. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

:laugh:

My god it's true 6 billion people PLUS all the people who died before.

13. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think I will be in a better place... possibly to be reborn so I can face whatever it is I can't handle in this life, but I think it will be better.

14. CuriosityWasFramed

CuriosityWasFramed Well-Known Member

How long was it before you were conceived? Can you remember that?

Absolutely nothing, not even black. As soon as you die you never existed because your perception of existance ceases to be. It will be the same as before you were born, before your parents were born, before anything existed in the universe.

15. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I don't believe in afterlife, death will be like sleeping without dreams.

16. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

17. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I don't think there is an 'after life' or anything once you are dead. Once you've gone, you stay gone.

18. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I'm a good boy, I'm going to heaven!!!!:biggrin:

19. KoNfUsEd

KoNfUsEd Active Member

i agree with Mel-x sleep without dreams...GOD!! i hope i don't have to come back & do all this over again?...

20. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

I do not know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.