What do you think??

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by ~PinkElephants~, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I was sitting here thinking this morning about whether or not a person can always be depressed or if they can have a bit of happiness here or there. I wasn't sure what I thought about it so with that said..I figured I'd ask here...

Do you believe that a person could be miserable 24/7 or do you think that they could/would have to have a moment of happiness here and there?

I just don't know..I think that everyone has to be able to smile every now adn then even if for a moment. I mean I get depressed quite often but there are still things in my life that make me smile, like my nephew for instance. I just don't know that I believe that one single person can be miserable constantly..maybe that's jsut me.

2. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I mean, I know I'm pretty depressed, but I still smile sometimes...
  3. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

i think that people who are depressed do have happy times also. Like their first time driving, or kiss someone for the first time. There's always going to be a little bit of happiness there, even if they don't show it on the outside.
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

And u can't say we didnt laugh last night:laugh: Matts post nearly made me pee me self:eek:hmy::laugh:
  5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

:laugh: Terry
  6. Terry

:angel: Wern't me guv :angel:
  7. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

Interesting subject.

I think most people are capable of experiencing, at least, some happiness. Many may not have the opportunity to find the person/thing/place/etc that could make them happy, but if they were magically able to find that person/thing/place/etc that brings them joy, they would be happy.

However, I do think a substantially small portion of the population cannot ever be happy. For example, people who have damage to specific portions of the brain or suffer from certain rare illnesses/disorders. If one sustains damage or is born with damage to a specific part of the brain they may not be able to express or feel happiness no matter what happens. Some may not be able to show any emotion at all.
  8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I believe you, really I do. :whistling
  9. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

:blink: which one ?

To the question at hand though...Well i tend to go through about dozen cycles throughtout any given day, sometimes i have a laugh, and feel fine, then i start to thinking again....
  10. Terry

Where u said "I leave you alone for 5 mins and this happens :laugh:" Matt
  11. ybt

ybt Guest

this should be in the soap box.
  12. ybt

ybt Guest

or the uncertainty principle...
  13. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

well its a general uestion...and i've asked one's like this before here and it's never been a problem?? Back to the uestion at hand

What do people think?>
  14. letdown

letdown Guest

Happiness- depends on what that means. Depression for me is, personally speaking, what they call 'major depression' and I don't have that at the moment. Am I happy? No.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.