What do you think?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by WorriedFamilyMember, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok so someone close to me has recently been dumped. She is very upset about it and seems to be blaming herself, saying things like "I obviously wasn't loosing weight quick enough" etcetc.

The other night I noticed a large burn mark on her right arm, when I asked her about it she said she had caught it on the oven. Fair enough, it's possible.

Then I noticed a large, nasty looking bruise on her upper arm. I asked her about it and she said she had no idea where it came from, and hadn't even notied it until just then.

I've spoken to a couple of people who know her and they seem to be quite worried about her.

I don't know what to say / do / think.

IF it was self harm, surely she would have covered it up? But at the same time, she's pretty obviously depressed, and upset about the break up.

I am a previous self harmer and I have seen what it did to her. I don't think she would put other people through it.

I don't know.

What do you think?
  2. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

talk to her about it.
    You could be wrong, it just shows you are being a good friend who is worried about her
    or you could be right..

either way, talk talk talk. see if you can help her, support her while she is going through a hard time..

be a friend.. :hug:
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Perhaps tell her about how concerned/worried you are that she self harms (possibly)
  4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on her. Let her know you are there for her and that you care about her. Does she know that you have self harmed in the past? Hope she is ok. Best wishes.
  5. Heya,
    Thanks for the replies.

Yeah she does, I don't hide my scars anymore, I don't see the point.

I don't know how to bring the subject up :sad:
  6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Well, you could ask her, that you want to see her alone, to talk to her about something. It's up to you if you want to mention that this something is of concern to you. And then just take it from there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.