What Do You Want In Another?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Angel_Dawn, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel_Dawn

Angel_Dawn Well-Known Member

I have noticed some threads started asking why "we" aren't wanted or why people feel abandoned. So I want to ask, what do YOU want in a partner or friend? I want people's opinions, whats important to "us"? I am willing to bet I will get a lot of the same answers. ;) Have Fun.
  2. I would like, in no particular order:
    - Someone with whom I can share mutual respect; someone who respects me for who I am and what makes me, ME, whilst at the same time me recognising them for who they are
    - I like tactile people. Hugs are important to me. A hand on a shoulder occasionally, holding hands, cuddles on the sofa - someone else for whom that kind of contact comes naturally.
    - Honesty and trust. Someone who'll be honest with me even if they really messed up, or if their life until now hasn't been an even path, just that honesty and sharing between partners - someone who trusts me enough to share the deepest caverns of their life, and who I can trust enough to share all of me too.
    - Someone who shares a similar worldly outlook, or who at least respects mine and won't try to change it.
    - Chivalry. Not going as far as being patronising, but I really admire a man who'll look out for a woman, make sure she can get home safely, give her his jacket if she's cold, the little touches but which really show attentiveness.
    - Kindness
    - Patience
    - Someone who's passionate about some of the things that I'm passionate about
    - Someone who can see me in my oldest clothes, on my worst bad hair day, when I've just got up and haven't had coffee yet and I'm feeling at my grumpiest, and still somehow think I'm beautiful.
  3. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

^ i want that :(
  4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Unregistered898 put it very nicely.
  5. ........

........ Guest

i seem to be drawn to human beings, ie people who don't try too hard to be anything but just are. then again, sometimes the closer i get, the more uptight and anxious they get?

i hate lists. i don't like them. they don't work in real life.

mostly- the people i seem to be comfortable are people who are shrewd and wary of others like me :smile: and think laterally.

anyways i can be 'friends' with people distantly and talk but when it comes to someone whom i like like really really like then when i think back they've been mostly loner-type people who were comfortable doing their own thing, not immersed in the crowd they were in and had some degree of independence from the people they were with (if any).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.