What do you want out of life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious, what is the most important thing in life for you? What do you want? Friends, family, love, money, security, success, or something else?

I ask because I'm at a point in my life where I don't know what's important any more. I don't think I want the 9-5, the wife, the car and the 2.4 children. That said, I have nothing to replace it with :mellow:

If you could do anything with your life, what would it be?

EDIT: Oh and also, if relevant, what's stopping you from achieving your goal?

Last edited by a moderator:
sadly, i dont see this when i look forward, and i dont think i've ever really talked about it in such depth..
but my 'ideal' would be to be a tattoo artist in either a very welcoming shop or have my own, to have love in a healthy relationship, where it is respectful and caring and understanding, to have (i think) 2 children, one boy one girl. (i know you cant pick this but) i would love the girl to have loose, curly, sandy blonde hair with lovely blue eyes and i see her with jst her front teeth coming up and mashing away at something, then the boy to have straight light brownish hair with brown eyes, and he's about 4 so he's older, but still caring. i want to raise them well, show them a proper way to live and conduct your self, to have manners and relative caring for people. i want to grow old with my parner and still snuggle when we're (hopefully) 80+ i see it over looking a beach in a wooden beach house.

but these are all ideals, i am not warped enough to think these things will happen. i dont want to disillusion myself with those thoughts, though by writing them down i already have in a way.

snowraven

I just want to be able to see my daughter more than the couple of hours a year that I get at the moment. As to what's stopping me doing that. Simple, her Mother.

aoeu

A simple relationship with someone who loves me.

Lots of things... For instance, the latest thing along that line is with a girl 5700km away.

SAVE_ME

Good question. I don't tell many people this but the only thing I really want out of life is for someone to love me, just as I'd love them. I want someone who I can spoil like mad, and just sit in at nights with, snuggling up to each other on the couch and watching TV or w/e. Someone to make me feel complete again. You see, I often go through phases where I think about my life long term, and at the moment I just can't see the point in it. Feels sort of empty and pointless, like there's a void waiting to be filled by that special someone.

Yeah, that's all I want out of life really....nothing else.

LenaLunacy

A straightforward relationship with someone who really loves me, and who i love too.
I wish my mom would understand me, the pain i am going through.
I just want a normal life :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00