What do you want to be when you grow up?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by BornFree, Jan 15, 2011.

1. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

My Tutor has emailed back and despite having been out of touch for nearly 2 months she says I can carry on and still maybe manage to complete the course.

So just wondered what everyone else wants to be when you grow up? : :rolleyes:

Reach for the stars...:stars:

hugs Ditsy x
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

well i am all grown up now but i always wanted to be a teacher
  3. pit

pit Well-Known Member

4. BornFree

Thank you... Sorry... a stupid question from a stupid person... my failed attempt at trying to be positive.
  5. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

I don't think it's stupid at all, but since I'm a grown up I can't change it any more, I wanted to be an English teacher or a rock musician. In the next life maybe :D

What are you studying Ditsy? Good luck with whatever it is :hug:
  6. BornFree

Believe it or not I am also "grown up" . My 5 yr old keeps asking me what I want to be when I grow up and it got me thinking that although we are adults that surely there is always a chance to change our paths... if we really want to...

I am 39 and studying Psychology... but more on the Forensic side - was hoping to be a profiler one day, I wanted to help put sick people like my father away.
    If I can get past this...

thanks for your reply
    Ditsy x
  7. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

I admire your courage and will, couldn't possibly get myself do something like that. Hope you do get passed this and complete the course. Try to keep in mind your goal. Hugs back to you :smile:
  8. BornFree

Thank you xxx
  9. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I always wanted to be a fireman, even now at 36 I still wish I was. Instead, I teach archaeology.
  10. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I'm never going to grow up!!!
  11. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

I think like Peter Pan, there is a part of me who does not want to grow up, ever. So far, I've pretty much reach all the milestones I had set for myself when I was a kid. What I don't want anymore is to be defined by my work, so its not anymore what I want to be, but what I want to do. And it has to be fun and interesting.
  12. FlashingFlickering

FlashingFlickering Well-Known Member

Me? Grow up? Ha!
    But when I'm old enough and have to get a job, I'ma be in the skies.
  13. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

♪ When Igrow older I will be stronger they'll call me freedom just like a waveing flag....♪

When I grow up, I want to study law at Harvord or Cambridge university. I want to study law and go on to be a lawyer :smile: x
  14. gamergirl

gamergirl Well-Known Member

i wanna be a personal trainer, fitness instructor, baker, self defense instructor, computer technician and fashion designer, lol. currently im working on making the first one happen :)
  15. Novae Rogue

Novae Rogue Member

Haha, it's funny how many people want to become a teacher. Interestingly enough, that is my goal as well. Although I've had a few hurdles along the way. Awesome thread!
  16. ziploc_bag

ziploc_bag Active Member

I am in a program right now to become a teacher.

The program I am in now is like boot camp. It is one of the best, but it is a REALLY difficult program. They want you to be perfect. I'm so stressed right now.

But I do love the children, they help motivate me.

Teaching is one of the most rewarding and challenging careers. I wouldn't recommend it for the faint of heart--it's definitely hard. And you get crap from all kinds of people who don't know what it takes to teach. But it's worth it. Somehow, it's worth it.

I also want to be an artist when I grow up.
  17. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

i want to work in environmental conservation, minimising people's negative impact on the planet and everything. yes, i am a greenie and am not afraid to admit it, haha.

i also want to become a teacher.
  18. The Unforgiven

The Unforgiven Well-Known Member

being a greenie is awesome hun. people need to be more aware!.. :yes:

hmm.. im grown up.. i want to be calm and peaceful though.. and happy. :)
  19. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

I still dont know and im 25!
    I have a few different qualifications but nothing ever feels right.
  20. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

tattoo artist, 3d artist and concept artist for games =]