What do you want to change?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Sais, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

Tell something you want to change about yourself (it could be anything), to make your life better, and what would be the way to do it, then come back an write if it worked so that maybe others can try it.

I'll start:
    I wanted to quit smoking, I had to replace it with something and I chose something healthy, sports. It's been almost 2 weeks, so far so good.

(I hope you like the idea and participate:) )
  2. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Since I'm feeling particularly depressed right now and just sick of my entire miserable existence, I would like to start my life over again. Preferably as someone else. But that's probably not possible. Nor does it go with the theme you are trying to convey with this thread.

I would like to be in a real relationship with somebody that I love. That is all that I want. As for how I'm going to do that, I don't have a clue, since I'm unlovable.

Perhaps I should set more realistic goals. Okay. I would like to start going to the gym somewhat regularly again. That is something that is at least within my power to accomplish. How am I going to do it? Well, I was thinking I could get in my car and drive to the gym. That would be a good start.
  3. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

(A step in the right direction would be not to think that you're unlovable, and if something/someone makes you think about yourself this way, try to limit it's influence on you. Just saying... )
  4. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Yeah, I suppose I could try lying to myself. There is no one specific person who has convinced me of this. It is a series of many people. But you're right, denial is always a viable option.
  5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Want to stop endless buying of more DVDs.. The movies. The bluray movies and the television seasons.. Got thousands already. Most still in cellophane wrapping and unmatched.. This is fucking crazy..enuf for 10 families..

Thanks to grandma I got the money and if bit careful will not run out.. My parents were not nice people.. Early years they took what I collected and sold it.. Also many years thinking I had no worth whatsoever..

Well owning almost every DVD known to the human race does not really make me a better person and the damn things are never going to tell me they love me or give me a hug..

Ok ones like the final season deranged dr house , or the trilogy of Indy jones on bluray I will get..there are exceptions for everything!!'. Been little over two months since my therapist Tara retired and we said goodbye after 10 or so years.. Wednesday the 15th I start again new with holly, my new therapist..

We soon will get to talking about this subject
  6. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

i would love to be less contradictive, if that makes sense.
    for example, even though in a way i want to stop hating myself [for some specific reasons, nothing to do with 'other people'], in a way that's what i fear most, because that would imply that i'm alright with some certain things, while they go against my very nature and beliefs.
    for example, i would like to be able to sincerely and openly love someone, but then again, even though it's stupid, i feel like me being with the person would taint them, and mess up their life, hurt them. so, it's the clash of 'i rly want to' and 'i rly don't want to' at once.
    and another example, even though my 'condition' is only getting worse and worse, most of the time i actually feel as if i'm 'okay', meaning there's no real way to 'fix me' like this, haha. [more messed up=feeling less messed up]
    and by now i thought of another example xD. the vast majority of times that i feel like crying, even if i actually 'try to', i can't, no matter what i do. and then, there's some really silly misunderstanding where i can't convey my feelings/point of view to people, and no matter how hard i hold back, i freak out, sometimes hyperventilating, and i cry like crazy. though that's pretty rare.

so.... how to fix this? well, if i find out an actual efficient way, i'll be sure to post it here. i've tried a number of things that haven't worked so far.

and, last contradiction: even though i've alrdy tried like anything and everything i cud think of [throughout years, hehe], which makes it seem so very hopeless [which prolly is the case], i'm actually really positive and i kno i'm gonna keep pushing this crazy lump of insanity uphill even if it greatly outweighs me.
  7. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

There is so much I want to change in my miserable, pathetic life. I guess because I am sleepy, I'll say for now and likely the most important, I just want to be happy and content with who I am. I know I am a complete freak and loser compared to almost everyone out there. I am fully and very painfully aware of that, each and everyday that I see normal person surrounding me in society.

But if I was just happy with myself, no matter what type of person I was, it wouldn't matter anyways, right?

It wouldn't matter if for instance, I was a high school dropout and all my peers were educated in the best universities. As long as I was happy with who I am, everything would be perfect.
  8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I want to find a job. Not just the odd jobs I do now with child care or technical assistance, but an actual full-time job. I'm always looking, but I think I need to step up the process if I really want to find something. So that's what I'm going to do over the next few months. I don't know for sure if it will work, but it's worth a try.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.