What does death have to offfer?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by PoisonS, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoisonS

PoisonS Well-Known Member

I've survived several suicide attempts.

And even though I've never died, I've witnissed pain, death, struggling....and I'm here to ask you who are contemplating suicide, what does it have to offer you?

Life has so many choices. It's NEVER too late for anything. The point is, you DO NOT know what will happen to you in death. You don't know that it will be a relief. It's very possible that it may be worse than the life you're living right now.

So why not give life a try?

Because you only have so long to live.

Death is forever.
  2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

That is my outlook. Death, to me, is the ultimate waste of time. Figuratively and literally.
  3. PoisonS

PoisonS Well-Known Member

I always think more of what you say just because my brother's name is Toby. It gets to me.
  4. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Death, as far as I can tell, offers sweet oblivion. Life, as far as I can tell, offers pain, cruelty, and dissatisfaction, and then you're dead at the end of it all anyway.

That's not why I want to die, though.
  5. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

It's all about your point of view. I could say that life offers great joys and happinesses, or I could say that it is hard and painful. Both are right, but neither are permanent (unless you are morbidly ill, disabled etc). Life is never all joy, nor is it all pain. It's a cocktail of both.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
  6. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Lots and lots of ice cream.

...what was the question, again?! XD
  7. ryanglander

ryanglander Well-Known Member

There is no absolute answer to that question. There are scientific analysis and they suggest that nothing happens when you die. But the truth is we never brought back a completely brain dead person where their brain has ceased functioning for a certain amount of time (and during that time their brain cells die).

So truthfully no one has actually died and come back. Sure people have stopped breathing, and heart beat, and mabye even no brain signals, but that is not absolute death until the brain cells themself are dead.

I don't like using absolute terms, like permanent. Because thats just word play, it just makes it sound more forceful. Life itself is temporary, suicide causes a temporary life to stop. So the act is permanent, but it causes a temporary loss of life - (the rest of the individuals would-be natural life)

I hate clitches. I'm here because I'm forced to be here. I don't have a choice. My brain my body makes me be here. Because it is a survival machine, its sole purpose is to survive, thats not easy to fight.

So I guess I live for little pleasures. Taking a hot shower, eating chinese food, or hotdogs, or pizza, or cottoncandy, or tacos! (sorry I really like food). I also like intellecual thinking like studying for school or reading a book.

The problem is not that my coping resources outweigh life's problems, the problem is that in order to act on the imbalance of pain and coping, it requires a GREAT gap between the two to drive me to overcome the fear of dieing.

I'm sorry I got into a whole big thing.

I hope you are well, what brings you here? You can PM me anytime.
  8. ryanglander

ryanglander Well-Known Member

Actually that is my exact answer to the question, and I went on and on like I always do. I should have just said, FOOD!
  9. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

itr offers absolutely nothign exactly what i want RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!
  10. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

For me... Its peace. End of suffering. I wont have to think and be hurt by my disability and my ruined life. Stopping of the emotinal pain caused in my life, mostly by my disability that screwed me over.
  11. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

For me it's never having to think again never having to remember the pain disappointment and hurt. Never wondering who the next one will be to hurt me not physically but emotionally. Never having to wake up every morning and thinking crap another day of misery.
  12. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

Death offers me a home. Quiet and solitude and peace....but death can wait for another decade or whenever I feel its time I should go. Only I decide that factor.
  13. boo

boo Well-Known Member

It offers nothing and that's the beauty of it. You dont ever need anything ever again. But to be sure i'll eat as much McNuggets as i can. You never know. There might not be a Mcdonald in the afterlife.
    If your life was over and asked to insert a coin to restart it, would you?
  14. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

That's an interesting question. If I could start over with all the knowledge that I now have, so that I could make better decisions and avoid making the same mistakes, I'd probably give it a shot.

Anyone know of a site that archives the winning California lotto numbers from the early 90s? Y'know, just in case. ;)
  15. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I'll go back and buy shares on microsoft, disney, apple, and tom cruise! oh wait nvm the last one..
  16. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Escape from me.
  17. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

To me it's a bit the same.
  18. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

My soul will be free from this body, this world, this pain. It seems like the most humane thing I could do for myself. Death is an end, and I am not worried about what comes next, i just want this to end.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.