What does it mean when I dream of dying every night?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jacob1973, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob1973

Jacob1973 Well-Known Member

Just as I asked in the title, "What does it mean when I dream of dying every night?" Sadly, it actually feels GOOD!.......
  2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I'm sorry mate, but I don't really know. This is coming from someone that doesn't know if contemplating suicide is ok, is it? I hope others can give insight into your question :).
  3. monnie101

monnie101 Member

It just means that you think about dying a lot. Whether it has to do with yourself personally or from watching lots of movies. The brain can't stop thinking even when asleep.
  4. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Pretty much what I was going to say. If you're preoccupied with death while you're awake it's likely to slip into your dreams as well. :hug:
  5. Bradley

Bradley New Member

Dream death is usually not related to actual death...perhaps something in your life is about to change (the end of something...quitting a job? moving?)

Think about what in your life might be coming to an end (or changing drastically)...that may be what it is... Hope this answers your question!
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Generally, we take with us into our dreams the thoughts that are on our minds during our wakeful hours. It would only make sense that if you think about dying then you would also dream about it. There are so many theories when it comes to dreams. I guess it all boils down to what you are willing to believe.
  7. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Generally speaking, I believe our dreams are the product of our hopes and fears. If you're suicidal and enjoy the dreams, it appears that is what you're hoping for (not that it means you'll get it though!).

I have also dreamed of dying, but only once. I didn't commit suicide in the dream, I had a terminal illness. But like you, I really enjoyed this dream, which I always thought was strange, so I'm glad I'm not the only one!

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Dreams are just our unconscious mind running wild. Things that we think about when we are awake (like suicide for example), play out in our unconscious mind when we are asleep. They are just dreams though. :hug:
  9. Jacob1973

It gets very tiring thinking about it all day, and then dreaming about it all night... God my life sucks!
  10. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

So what are you going to do to change it?
  11. Jacob1973

I dont know.. I guess its the stress of not knowing about my job at the moment (they plan on force moving most of us 200miles by october and even when it happens, i dont think i have seniority to stay there), and the plain lonelyness in my life. I so badly wish I had a woman in my life. I almost cry everytime i see my friend and his GF together.

I am so badly cash strapped that I am barely paying my bills. I am praying that I can sell my house soon. Student loans are eating me alive and nothing I can do about it! I wish I could declare bankruptsy but I dont even have the money to hire an attorney!

So, I guess that I feel that I am drowning in my sucky life and I cant see any way out.
  12. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

After a while... death just sort of becomes a part of you.

It's natural for the depressed to think longingly about dying, I think.
  13. Jacob1973

It becomes almost deafening, and definately very painful. I end up crying about it almost every night, and just really wish my life would either change, or end... though at the moment, its the latter....

I am tired of even trying anymore!
  14. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Please don't give up Jacob. I know that having all that debt and no money really sucks, but there is always help available. Maybe declaring bankrupcy is the best option, but there are also debt consolidation people that can help you rebuild your finances.
  15. Jacob1973

I pretty much discovered today that I really dont have any close friends anymore, at least no one I can really talk to. I call or textmessage my BF and he doesnt even call me back anymore.

I dont see a reason to keep up this fascade anymore. Why should I care about my life when everyone, except my aging parents, and my 3 siblings, dont even care to be around me?

I think that I am fairly sure that I will not be around for Christmas....:sigh:

No hope, no future, I just dont care anymore, God strike me down pleeeeese!!!!
  16. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

God will not strike you down, because he wants you to live and I want to you live too. You can make your life better and overcome your depression. But it will take a lot of hard work on your part. Please don't give up. :hug:
  17. Jacob1973

Except for me living with my parents, I rarely talk with any "friends" outside of work. My bestfriend of nearly 15years has stopped talking with me, ignores my calls (and its not like I call all the time, maybe once every few days to say HI).

Worries about me maybe not having a job here, and maybe having to move across country away from the only people(parents) that seem to even care if I am alive.

It takes every bit of effort, every day, just to stay alive. Believe me, if or rather I should say WHEN I decide to die, there wouldnt be any way of it not succeding. I have the knowledge and ability to do it without failure.

I am writing my Autobiography and putting my affairs in order just in case. I simply have no hope of any sort of future, and no desire anymore to even try.

18. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Sorry Jacob. You do have hope I believe. Just dont give up. Im praying for you. You sound like an intelligent intersting person. You could succeed anyway you want I bet. What would you like from life? Why dint we make a plan to make your life btter then you will care.

Write me if you like,

19. UnkelHeit

UnkelHeit Well-Known Member

I have dreams about dying too. However, most of my dreams make me want to die. They're mostly about relationships, people I loved in the past that I'll never see again. It makes me feel so alone, which I am in my physical life. I just curl up in a ball wishing I could go back to sleep, back to the dream even. I'm wide awake by that time, though, tears in my eyes, just wanting go. The best I can do is get up and try to find a distraction.
  20. Jacob1973

I can only have a distraction for a certain period of time, then the second I sit down for the night, I get overwhelmed with the feelings of failure in my life...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.