what does it take

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by FBD, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

what does it take to be worth something...i just feel as though im worthless to everyone around me, myself included...

so i guess what do you need to make the people around you, yourself included, worth something

2. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I think it's different with everybody, our "self worth". What you may fine "worthy" others may not and vice versa.

What you should ask yourself is why you feel worthless to people around you? Anything specific?

Sorry you're feeling so down.

3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

What I learnt over the decade is- if you develop strong self belief, confidence, and love that comes from something intrinsic, rather than a thin mask that others use to look "hard" or to bully- you will be hated by many. I've always had this, but it just grew over the last 2-3 years where I needed to focus on my health and tell everyone who did not support me, to fuck off. That meant leaving a lot of relationships I was having at the time, and fighting for my life in every way possible, because so many people around me were hindering this.

And this is where the conflict happens- others vs your own self belief and integrity. As the latter grows, the feeling of worthlessness, which I suspect comes from the others who hinder any life/growth/autonomy, tend to look pathetic and ridiculous.

It takes a strong and courageous (and someone not afraid of being alone I suppose?) person to do this; it can be a lonely time but something definitely worth it in the long run when you see your health improve, your self belief becomes a foundation where anything can happen!- and whatever others gave you to make you feel worthless, does not have the same effect as when you were an extension for their insecurities, jealousy, bitter destructive anger, and vile bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.