What does this mean?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by doityourself, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

What is a troll?
  2. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

A troll is somebody who posts on a forum just to cause trouble.
  3. doityourself

Love the avatar, so it doesnt necessary mean a negative thing, it could be put out there for humor?
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Usually trolling implies that only the troll finds it funny. Generally it's a hassle.
  5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Trolls are impossible to defeat. They regenerate too fast.
  6. Theseus

Theseus Well-Known Member

A troll is someone who posts something inflammatory in the hopes of causing an argument or getting a strong reaction. For example, if someone is pouring their heart out on this forum and someone else tells them to "grow up" or "stop whining" or something, that is an example of trolling.

Trolling can be fun if you have the right audience for it. I post on another forum (which has nothing to do with depression/suicide/mental problems) where probably half the posts are trolls. It is almost a refined art where you can insult someone very strongly without actually breaking the forum's rules and without going off-topic. I (and others on that forum) practice that quite earnestly and have some great conversations over a range of topics. You definitely need a very thick skin though. The bastard side of me needs some venting every once in a while, and trolling helps me do that.
  7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

4chan is troll haven
  8. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

My fav trolls are yahoo! answers trolls.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010
  9. Theseus

Theseus Well-Known Member

And extremely juvenile. I prefer more intelligent discussion and more sophisticated trolling than just calling someone a fag.
  10. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I kid, I kid.

Anyway, yeah, the only way to kill a troll is to starve it. Trolls feed exclusively on attention. Therefore...
  11. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

lol ikr. The ones on there can get so crazy. By the way, the "don't feed the troll" thing basically means don't let a troll upset you. Also like others are saying, a troll is someone who goes around and loves to piss people off because they're bored. Your anger and sadness feeds them. They're never serious.

Trolls+Ghetto People=LOL

Random, but most Ghetto people wont stop until they 'win' an argument, therefore they feed the troll XD.
  12. doityourself

:thanks: everyone. Im an :cazza: though :D, I would never want to cause :poke: here. :sf:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.