What does *trigger* mean?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Shock, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

What does *trigger* mean? Or triggered.
  2. I think it means: words/a phrase that will cause pro-suicidal thought or words that may actually cause the person to consider suicidal actions more seriously. In other words it can actually cause someone to go through with it.
    I could be wrong though, :unsure: any mod should know better than I would.
  3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

If you mean about the forum... it usually means that it 'can' be triggering.
  4. yeh.

yeh. Well-Known Member

it means that som epeople, words, even your own words (specially your own words) can trigger mood states.

for example i was a sociopath, had fun, my life has ended anyways. and in a psychopath way i said somethign taht even i considered as stupid..so somehow it triggered me to feel back...and here i am, not feeling, bored shitless.

often you trigger if you ave predisposition to dissociation. in here would be triggering memories and that shit. IMO.

you shouldn't worry about triggering someone..i mean we're already fucked IMO.
    shrugs. so fuck triggering.i mean i can't be triggered anymore. im already 100% triggered. but i give a shit anyways it comes from triggering a gun, you pull the trigger and that shit. *waves* YOUR OWN words trigger more than any other shit IMO.

if you're depressed and vent..suddenly the feelings temporarily go away. if you help someone (AND YOUR NOT OK)- suddenly you trigger IMO. and you got to make a venting thread ASAP. someone just fucking shot me.
  5. ANYTHING that will 'trigger' you to think about suicide or 'trigger' depression.
  6. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

ah.... thanks guys!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.