what does your birthday mean to you?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by necrodude, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

to me its not a celebration at all but a punishment. a reminder that i have wasted another year of my life and achieved nothing. but positively i can regard it as my personal new year, and try again.

what about you guys?
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Whoa. Ditto ...to a tee in fact.
  3. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

Yea, same here.. But I also hate it because I become the center of attention for a day and I always feel awkward and unseasy when I'm getting presents from people... I hate Christmas for the same reason.
  4. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

I'm pretty indifferent. I usually get a free dinner out of it, other than that I don't care. I stopped caring and stopped wanting to celebrate at age 13.
  5. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

im looking forward to my birthday in that i will be with people who care about me and we will have a nice evening. but it doesn't make me feel great to think of how old i will be as i don't feel i have achieved much in my life as of yet
  6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

It's a celebration of the day I was born.
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing. I don't even notice it most years.
  8. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Another day that means nothing.
  9. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I don't look forward to it or anything, but I get cake and free stuff so it's not bad compared to most days.
    Although I do agree about it being a reminder of my failure at life-
  10. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Birthdays to me are such a let down - anti climax. But i still look forward to it year on year - ill a sucker for punishment
  11. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

Its just another pointless, lonely day. 18th and 21st were particularly kak and the 23rd will be my last.
  12. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Used to be a great day for me. Have all the people I cared about give me all the attention, have a day when I was on the spotlight...

The this year it was totally the reverse, I had my birthday party sure I did, but it felt like I was crashing it myself cause I didn't know anyone except for one or 2 people. All my friendsturn me down and those who agree to come brought their own friends so they didn't have to deal with me.
  13. J_Oli3

J_Oli3 Well-Known Member

It means having to endure one of the few times a year my extended family come round... :please:
  14. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

A reminder that I have family. Other than that it really is just another day, I dont need to celebrate that I am alive as I am not really living. If people really cared about how i feel they would just leave me alone on this day like every other day
  15. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

A chance to start fresh and become the person I want to be just like the start of every year, month and week. I quite like my b'days... nice food.
  16. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Yeah basically same here.
    For me it's like... how many more years of suffering until the sweet release of death?
  17. Brucer

Brucer Member

Nothing - Nothing at all
  18. pither

pither Well-Known Member

19. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

You know, I actually enjoy my birthday. Round at my mates, few cans of stella and redbull and up all night on the X-box. Whats not to love?
  20. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Same as you necro. And linds. Exactly how I feel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.