what doesn't kill you makes you weaker

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jamesbond, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

after all the loss's, dissapointments and despair, i am a building after many quakes. a gust of wind could topple me.
  2. Nox

Nox Member

i dont get it.

after all that trauma,still being alive would mean youre strong as hell! its simple logic!
  3. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

or what's left of a building after an earthquake is parts of walls and no roof.... if lucky at that.... at times not even walls are left and suffice a small blow to make it crumble to the ground.
  4. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

That's because it isnt the trauma itself that makes people stronger, it's the rebuilding yourself from the ground up afterwards. Easier said than done, I know.
  5. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

well said, john. sadly i find despair perpetuates itself. just like victory does. the only happy victorious people i know have enjoyed that most of their lives. the "have nots" seem to continue to suffer, like myself.

the hoildays are the most unbearable time of the year
  6. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about this quote.

I would have used to adhered to it for sure, but time changes a man. I feel each defeat makes me weaker and weaker.

But right now I am so low, if I can rebuild from where I am at the moment nothing will ever be able to stop me.
  7. mrdavid

mrdavid New Member

The nice thing is that it kills you can't get any weaker. If you're alive, you always can.
  8. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

What do you mean, once your dead you can't get any weaker but when your alive you can? I see it differently, being dead is the ultimate weakness ... you no longer have any control whatsoever. As long as your alive you will always be stronger then being dead, and have the chance to become stronger..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.