• it made me worse..

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • well at least i found some friends

Votes: 23 36.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Androgyny

Helped me when I felt there was nowhere else to turn. Can't fully express my warm and fuzzies for the place!

Last edited by a moderator:

warrabinda

it was reasuring to have somewhere to go. it has made me feel better about key issues that was underlying my suicidality. i do feel guilty for using it. but it has been nie to know it's here.

Oloriel

SF hasn't really *helped* me per se, in that I feel like I'm just as bad as I was when I started using the site. Nevertheless, I am endlessly grateful for the people I have met here and an open forum to come to when I am feeling alone. SF gives me a place where I can be completely honest and not worry about being judged - and even when I do worry, someone is always here to reassure me. It's helped me stop myself from harming myself a few times, and made me smile when I am desperate. There have been a few rough times - I often am too insecure to participate in chat or forum discussions, and I get triggered an awful lot. But I wouldn't give SF up for the world. It's been my best friend for several months now, and now that I'm back after a bit of a break I hope I can get back into it.

It has shown me that I am not alone. I know there are others out there who are just like me and that has helped me tremendously, already. I don't feel so alone anymore. :)

TWF

It has helped me to an extent, when something goes wrong I can always come here for advice/comfort. And yeah, that's pretty much how it has affected me.

Will

Staff Alumni
The site was supposed to be a place to go and post your feelings, and everyone talks about it and shares their feelings, etc. And I mean, it kind of is.

When I think of SF, I think of a reality show. There's lots of personalities (some worse than others), cliques, fights, and drama in every flavor. The thing is too, if you're 18 (or younger) and female, your posts will get showered with replies, and if you're a guy or older, you don't quite get the same attention. There are folks who treat SF like a dating network, too. SF is what you make of it. I think for some people it's really difficult to get support and get better.

But SF for me is really 'familiar'. Everybody has a story, and there's a reason they ended up here. And anything you do, whether it's that you've attempted, abuse substances, SI or what have you, there's a likely chance whomever you meet does or has done it, too. We're all in a similar state of mind, and there's that little bit more empathy between each other.

I wish I could get a long more with people and make more friends, but with what support I receive, it definitely helps. Pouring crap into a journal, and just knowing other people are reading it and understand what you're going through helps.

Has it changed? Same place, different faces. I'm more likely to connect with people here than I am in the real world. Has it fixed my problems? No, but it does help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00