what else can they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

na-taya

So i have a question.

apart from hospital or threats of hospital, can somebody really do it you tell them you are right on the edge and a smidgen away from putting an end to it all?
mostly hospital is a semi short term thing just until you can keep safe again i think.
so really what else can anyone do?!?
I don't see the point in sharing my thoughts feelings around this, right now because, i am worried all they will suggest is hospital.

So is there anything else that can happen?
Or that they can do to help support someone?

I am safe so please dont stress about that. im just trying to look for more options right now.

SinisterKid

We either find a way, or make one.
SF Supporter
I dont know anything about the laws of mental health in other countries, just that of the UK. We have a act of Parliament called the Mental Health Act which is there to protect people with mental health issues. Under that act, the authorities can Section you or me [send to a secure hospital facility for pysch assessment] if you pose a immediate threat to yourself or someone else. There are various clauses in the said Act that allow for other variables due to the varying nature of mental health issues.

You walk in voluntarily to any Emergency hospital and ask to be seen because you are suicidal and they shold not send you away, although it has been know to happen. You can volunteer to go onto a psych ward and because you volunteer, it is very difficult for them to prevent you leaving anytime you want to. Talking to a member here the other night, in her area, its not so simple, but by my own experience, I went voluntarily and I left when I had seen enough and they could not stop me by law unless I was a danger to myself or someone else and I wasn't.

When I left hospital, I wa under the care of what is called a Crisis Team. They came to see me at home every couple of days to see I was safe, phoned every day to check I was safe. I saw a psych who worked for them and they looked after all my medication. I was discharged from their care last month and am now is the sole care of The Community Mental Health Team. I have yet to see their psych and dont have a member assigned to my case yet. But I do attend a day centre sometimes for group therapy sessions and some one to one talks with my case worker there. So I am well looked after and grateful for that.

Not much use to anyone outside the UK, sorry about that, but someone mind find something in there of use to them.

na-taya

Thank you sinisterkid.

We have somthing similar here a mental health act I call it getting put on 'forms' I've had that happen to me once before.
I've been voluntary before but I've never been able to leave when I want to.....they always say if you leave and don't come back we will come find you and blah blah.

It's so hard coz I guess the 'rational' me knows I should say somthing
But
I don't want the threat of hospital or forms or any of that talk. But I know that's basically all that can be done.

I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00