What foods do you not like or like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
I dont like much fish or crawdads and I dont like horseradish unless in mild amounts in shrimp cocktail sauce.

I am kind of a meat and potato person but I can go without meat if it offends the vegans here.

My dad makes his version of Casablanca veggie stew it has potatoes, carrots, eggplant, yellow butternut squash, zucchinis. 1 sweet potato some seasoning and a 2 spoonful of peanut butter and he cooks it for hours until it becomes mush and you serve it over rice.

I just like to eat it straight and use keebler club butter crackers. It is the most wholesome thing I ever ate it makes you feel good inside after you eat it.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I dont like much fish or crawdads and I dont like horseradish unless in mild amounts in shrimp cocktail sauce.

I am kind of a meat and potato person but I can go without meat if it offends the vegans here.
I'm totally into mammals. I don't eat seafood at all, except for tuna out of a can, because it's had all the ocean squeezed out of it. For me everything that lives in the water is essentially a 'bug'. Especially lobsters. Yuck.

Lady Wolfshead

wishes you well
Great thread!

I love:
- French toast with butter and maple syrup and bananas
- pizza (veggie, with pineapple)
- dark chocolate (especially chocolates, brownies, chocolate chip cookies)
- veggie burgers (love the Beyond burger)
- Indian food especially pakoras, naan bread, saag paneer, aloo gobi
- spaghetti with veggie balls
- olives
- pb & j
- falafel
- dill pickles
- garlic bread
- grilled cheddar sandwiches
- mangoes
- mandarin oranges
- almonds

I hate:
- seafood
- overly salty soup (not keen on soup generally)
- Pop/soda (way too sweet)
- black licorice
- anything slimy

Lady Wolfshead

wishes you well
Another fun category: Foods you love that everyone else hates:
- marzipan, for me.
- yams
- brussels sprouts
- cabbage
- broccoli
- kale

Food I hate that everyone else loves (at least here in Vancouver everyone loves it):
- sushi
- caramel (or even worse, salted caramel)

Last edited:

Lady Wolfshead

wishes you well
I'm totally into mammals. I don't eat seafood at all, except for tuna out of a can, because it's had all the ocean squeezed out of it. For me everything that lives in the water is essentially a 'bug'. Especially lobsters. Yuck.
OMG I so agree with you about seafood. The only fish I can eat is tuna, salmon or occasionally halibut. I don't eat other meat because I'm mostly vegetarian. I will eat fish once a month at most. I don't even admit to most people that I sometimes eat fish, because then they think I will eat anything that crawls, scuttles or oozes its way across the bottom of the ocean.

Dots

Misknown Member
I dont like much fish or crawdads a
I've never heard the word "crawdads" before. I'm getting an image of a lobster with a real dad vibe. A baseball cap on its head or something.

I'm really not big on seafood. I wish I was. It can be very good for you. I extremely dislike sushi even though every time I see it, I have to try it because it looks appealing with all its colors and textures.

The casablanca veggie stew sounds yummy.

God.. to list what I like would take a whole recipe book... but meat is heavily involved in most dishes.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
I'm down with most seafood, the exceptions being crab and lobster.

And those I can't eat only because, when I was a kid, I saw my grandfather have a stroke and almost die immediately after a big dinner of, you guessed it, crab and lobster.

What's funny was that in our thirties my older sister and I discovered the neither of us will eat them for the exact same reason. Funny (to me anyway) because we hadn't realized it decades sooner, and because we have so little else in common that it was a genuine bonding moment.

What I really like is a good swordfish sandwich. If my town/neighborhood/I don't know what to call it has a signature food, then that's it. When I was younger, and the area was a lot more Catholic, lots of places would serve them on Fridays.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I like most foods that I've tried. I don't like black licorice (but I will eat, for example, the black jelly beans when they're in a bag that I have), and so far I've only enjoyed beets when roasted and not any other preparation. Not sure if I'd want to try raw oysters, but I've had them fried.
There's not much else besides that that I seriously dislike, that I know of at least.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I have something against tomatoes... Especially raw, ewww. I'd eat them in a salad/sandwich cause I don't like throwing food away, but you'd see on my face that I'm not having the greatest time.
Pickles, same : nope.

I love pretty much every ingredient I eat.
I'll eat a tomato as part of a burger or a sandwich, but I'd be happier if the tomato wasn't there.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Foods I like would be chicken, lamb, beef, pork, duck prepared in several ways which are just too varied for me to go into.
Fish is a bit hit and miss, scallops and prawns I don't mind. @the.end.ish , I hear you about how sushi can look so appealing. The only time I've actually attempted it, was on holiday in some hotel in Madrid. They had a place called, The Glass Bar on account that everything ie bar tables chairs etc was made out of glass. Anyhow, for every round of drinks ordered they would bring a complimentary plate of sushi. Under normal circumstances, I would swerve it, but half tanked up I went for it and from what I recall, it was pretty good.

Tomatos I love, @Auri @Human Ex Machinae , maybe it depends on how you use them? Or perhaps not :D One favourite I like doing is grabbing one or two of those big bastard tomatos, halving them then scoring them horizontally and vertically followed by rubbing sea salt, black pepper, chilli powder, herbs and olive oil into them and then cooking them in the oven.

Food I hate, mushrooms and aubergines, just keep them well away from me.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter

My dad makes his version of Casablanca veggie stew it has potatoes, carrots, eggplant, yellow butternut squash, zucchinis. 1 sweet potato some seasoning and a 2 spoonful of peanut butter and he cooks it for hours until it becomes mush and you serve it over rice.

I just like to eat it straight and use keebler club butter crackers. It is the most wholesome thing I ever ate it makes you feel good inside after you eat it.
There are three evil foods and I don't use the word evil for much. But first considering the foods I love without considering health... I would say lox tops the list. Sushi of many varieties is also top on the list. Good quality chocolate chocolate chip ice cream such as Hagen Daz, and my grand ma's chocolate mocha cake. Sunnyside up eggs with bacon and buttered toast and black coffee. Granny Smith Apples, pomegranates, Earl Grey Tea, Japanese Green tea.

OK, the evil foods that I do not like are zucchini, beets and liver.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
The only time I've actually attempted it, was on holiday in some hotel in Madrid. They had a place called, The Glass Bar on account that everything ie bar tables chairs etc was made out of glass. Anyhow, for every round of drinks ordered they would bring a complimentary plate of sushi. Under normal circumstances, I would swerve it, but half tanked up I went for it and from what I recall, it was pretty good.
Omg, Madrid, Glass bars. For every round of drinks, complimentary sushi.
My inner American Tourist: Holy Shit! Are you fuckin kiddin me?? SUSHI??
Tomatos I love, @Auri @Human Ex Machinae , maybe it depends on how you use them? Or perhaps not :D One favourite I like doing is grabbing one or two of those big bastard tomatos, halving them then scoring them horizontally and vertically followed by rubbing sea salt, black pepper, chilli powder, herbs and olive oil into them and then cooking them in the oven.
Ash's English Tomatoes:
1. grabbing
2. halving
3. scoring
4. rubbing
5. cooking

Uh...We're going to stick with being happier without tomatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00