What for?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Redduck, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redduck

Redduck Member

I feel like nobody really cares about me or at least they just don't take me seriously.
    Its like I don't have feelings or I just don't matter as a normal human being.

Why do people not ever think or care about other people.

Mankind is a selfish place and those who do actually care have been hurt and let down so much they end up depressed, with problems of there own.

I don't think I can ever like my self. My reflection makes me sick.

The sad thing is I could never end it because I am too scared. Because I don't want this to be just it.
    But I wonder if this will ever be worth.
    If I didn't end what would I achieve.
    Happiness? in a world of liars cheats and arrogance.
    Creating something that nobody will ever appreciate.
    Sounds like hell to me.
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Some things that I have learned in my 50 years of life:

1. You will only be surrounded by good caring people if you surround yourself with good caring people
    2. You must like yourself before others can like you.

There are bad uncaring people in the world. We see and hear about them in the news all the time. The media thrives on ratings and higher ratings come from bad news vs. good. That said, there are a lot of good and caring people in the world as well. You have to seek them out. For years, even before my current situation, I have taken part in volunteering. I've worked with Make-A-Wish Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, various battered women organizations, the Humane Society, Special Olympics, and many others. My peers volunteering beside me have always been good and caring people. Because they are good and caring people, they're not always the people you meet upon the street, at school, or at work. Often, they are busy doing good things and that is where you find them. "Surround yourself" with good people.
  3. Redduck

Redduck Member

I wish I could be like that and do all those thing I want, but I have no willpower and I am a quitter.
    Even the smallest things I do nobody could appreciate.

I cant get my self out of my door let alone meet anyone. Im the failure.
    And its so sad, when you're a child you want to be and do everything. Until you grow and realise your just to pathetic.

Thank you for your comment. Maybe soon I'll snap out of this.
  4. jacob77

jacob77 Member

I don't think you'll snap out of it. Maybe you could volunteer for a neighbor. Try to do something small and start from there.
    Just a thought.
  5. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Just want to say i suffer anxiety quite a bit yet i m working with a peer support worker to help me get out and about.Its a slow process i still lock the world out as i find i cant trust people.but what was said in earlier post there are alot of good people around.Everyday try and do something small set a task not to large and try and achieve accomplishing that task if you dont try it again next day but dont beat yourself up if you fail it a couple of times.Small things everyday and you will see things start to change.Oneday you might find yourself helping in some charitable groups.Take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.