What gives your life purpose?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Flashmode, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Flashmode

Flashmode New Member

I've dealt with depression for many years and has recently turned darker and stumbled across here in hope I can find someone to relate to.

In most of my time I've had an simple problem of finding purpose in life. I've tried searching for it many ways : religion, family, friends, love, etc. Most have let me down, especially family who refuses to even see the struggles I go through.

I'm currently at a time in life when everything should seem possible and any dream achievable. (Currently an college student ) But oddly, I find it an worse time for I don't know what to do with my life and am stuck with indecision.

I'm everything you guys have dealt with what keeps you're drive in life? What motivates you not to give up in life or even simply get up in the morning?
  2. Kiki

Kiki New Member

I have a twin sister, I feel like I live and breathe for her. Even though sometimes I just want to die so badly it's all I can think about or I do many things that I've regretted she's always kept me going because she's my best friend, my everything and I know she feels the same. Neither of us could stand living for one second if we knew the other was dead. I don't want to live in a world if she's not in it, neither of us do.
  3. Asdlax

Asdlax INFJ 1w2

Hello Flashmode. I can relate to that. I've been looking for someone whose life-values and soul resonate with mine. Be patient and keep trying. Life gets lonely and painful sometimes but don't lose hope. The right one for you is out there and he/she is looking for you too.

As for my reason, well mainly my bestfriend. He is the reason I look forward to waking up another day. It's an online friendship. Not to be mistaken, it was truer than any real life bond I have ever had. We built it together from scratch, we've almost split up many times but we always made it through and it has only strengthen our friendship. I was never that honest with anybody before and so was he. We could talk all night about anything. It was my first real friendship I ever formed.

Other than that, I have anime and manga for entertainment. I like to draw as well. Although I must admit, the passion comes and go with my depression.

And then there's you guys. Knowing there are others like me, I am driven to help. If I can't save myself then I at least want to make my life more meaningful. I want to make a difference in this world for the better, no matter how small; trying to give what I wish I had. These are the only motivations I can think up of for now.

Nothing is richer than good memories and a place to belong. Get out of there if your presence isn't felt and your absence, missed. Look elsewhere. Give it your all before your time is up. A happy relationship of any kind really does make life better :)
    Kate123 likes this.
  4. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

For me it is to help other people who are suffering and struggling like me everyday of their life.