What gives?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by byebyebeautiful, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byebyebeautiful

byebyebeautiful Account Closed

OK before I start, I am not putting this site down, just a problem with a few members, and possibly some staff/ex staff.

I have two friends here, both have been banned (one was allowed back) due to lies being spread about them, now for one of my friends, someone has started these lies back up, and that's all they are LIES!
    I want to know why some members (who in the past I have got along with) feel the need to hurt and ruin another members life?

This site has when I very first joined here, been a supportive place, sure it had its times of arguments, but it went downhill that december (I joined in october 07)
    Now I know the staff do all they can to keep things running smoothly, so I ask the members, why do you feel the need to destroy someones life, and/or make the job of a mod,CM or admin that much harder?

I really hate people who do such things.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I have only seen (doesn't mean it didn't happen as you say) people getting banned here after several warnings and points for rules infractions. Their words are there for all to see. If you are talking about something else, I don't know what it could be.

I've been told that you need to prove that their have been infractions, keep track of them etc. Can someone be banned because someone made up a lie without any proof? You can pm me if you want. Oh, and I think a troll was just banned today. I'm not going to go into what was said, but it was quite obvious.

3. byebyebeautiful

These were banned because of lies said by other members, not because of the infraction systems. Its just annoying. Nah he wasn't a troll.

4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

If you've got an issue with anyone's ban, feel free to post in LtM, and we'll check it out and discuss things with you :)

5. byebyebeautiful

Abacus, I've done that before and one of the admin's said i have no right doing that.

6. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

not wanting to get into the fray, but i have heard of a member that was banned withOUT warnings.

in that particular case, forum rules were not broken.

i feel that overall, s.f. is a great site.
    tremendous intentions
    tremendous support
    tremendous success

but as in many things in life, sometimes a few bad people can ruin a good thing

i agree with Invisible Tears in that regard

as always, all posts are my opinion only. don't shoot the messenger of my opinion - :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.