What goes around

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by OnceRob, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnceRob

OnceRob Active Member

Does anyone else feel they always seem to go around in circles? its probably one for older users here. For me 25 years ago I was under the care of an NHS psychiatric unit in the UK, I could never get along with my medication and it just became one of my issues. The whole thing just never worked for me so I discharged myself and sadly went on to have problems with alcohol and drugs. I owe so much to my wife, meeting her probably saved me, however this year I figured out that the issues never went away, they just became buried in a very shallow grave. Things have gone back to how they were, my emotional state is deeply impaired , I am so unhappy , depressed and self harming again and like so many here all I can think about is killing myself. I tried to get help from a self referral counselling service in West London, which was truly awful and actually made my issues worse.

Does sticking with your GP and the NHS mental health care really pay off? its so hard to speak to a Dr, just imagine how their lives are different from yours, all their School, College, Uni and Med School the backing and support they must have had from their families and loved ones and you have to sit in front of them and tell them how shit your life is, I can’t do that now. When i was 22 I was homeless and my dad would not even let me live with him while I sorted myself out, how different is that from their life experiences and there is no way they will understand this.

Also, no one lives for ever so why put so much effort in repairing something that’s temporal.
  2. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hi OnceRob, I guess yes it does feel that way at times I guess I fit your criteria, I am an Older one, lol, I feel like I have been in the same place as far as my mental health goes since I was 14, I do keep going in circles, in part because me nor my family knew or knows nothing about mental health, so I kept doing the same things over and over, I saw a Psychiatrist at 14, a month later because the psychiatrist told my parents I would get over it! I tried committing suicide. This is after I went to my parents and told them I needed to see a shrink, I guess they did not take my word for it, Huh? c'est la vie so yeah, That's life, It has taken me a long time but i have learned a little When You do something the Wrong way,until you do it the right way you are doomed to keep getting the same results, to me it appears that you did learn a part of it but you have not taken the lesson to heart! This is my own opinion, I too kept doing it the wrong way, why did I expect to get different results? I even kept trying to commit suicide the same way.................? Duh! FYI You can teach an Old dog new tricks!

I am sorry that you have had such a difficult time, you do have a wife that cares and loves you, and yes you are right those problems did not go away, they were hiding just below the surface waiting for the right conditions to happen to you again, I guess they happened again huh? I am not judging you , this is the conclusion you reached before I even read your post! you have to do something different!

Welcome to this Forum, in here there are people just like you that while they may not have gone through what you did, they have and some are still suffering depression. we ,almost to every last person dealt with the same issues now like You! I have learned a lot, I don't know everything I never will if I live to be a hundred, but I learned that this Forum can help you, but you have to decide yourself that you have to do different things in different ways from what you have been doing, We care about you we are just like YOU, we have found that with the patience a lot of us have and need we can and do help others that are Just like us. We will and do help to support and to lift people up an out of the despair and loneliness they and we have been in, We are here for you, in this forum there are a lot of resources and a lot of information if you are willing to do what has to be done!, you can do it. I don't know how long this will take you, you are young and resilient, I believe that you can do it, with help and guidance from some people in here and possibly medication or therapy, we don't know what it will take but a lot of us have done this, I believe that you can too! We don't decide what you have to do, that is up to you, like the medication and therapy, this is all for you to choose we can not make those decisions for You, that is your call! We are here to help you, when you are feeling down, when you feel you can't go on we are and will be here for you! We extend the hand to you it is you that has to take it! I do hope that you stay and to keep posting, We Are here for YOU!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.