what good is it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by denddon, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denddon

denddon New Member

I guess I am to old to understand what purpose joining this forums serves. I have 2 choices.
    1) Sit by and watch my wife of 33 yrs die a slow death with out me being able to help her physically, emotionally or financially.
    2) Do what many Marines have done and dive on a hand grenade so she can get the financial help from social security and medicade to make her life as comfortable as possible. Hospice can only do so much even if I believe they are ANGELS. I guess my last stop is the VA. I just don't think I can over the shame and humiliation of calling them!!!!!!!! D

2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hello Denis and welcome to Sf, I'm very sorry to hear your wife is dying, I'm glad that the Hospice staff are taking good care of her.
    Do you not think your wife would much rather have you with her than have you exposed to a hand grenade?
    Sorry I am in the UK and am not sure what the VA is but if they can help then surely it's worth a try?

Ps: I moved your thread here so that you would be able to access more support.

Hazel

3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi dennis. i am glad you came to s.f.

the purpose this forum serves for me - well first of all, finding it at the right time has saved my life. truthfully. i may not be very valuable in the grand scheme of things, but i am important to my young children.

so i am very glad you came here - and i hope you will find the amazing support here that i have found, and continue to find.

i have had experience with Hospice, when my dad was dying from cancer. there is no better organization, in my opinion. your presence, is so important for your wife. you are so much comfort to her soul. .. you cannot even imagine. even if she has days that she is not lucid, there is a bond between you from such a lifetime together, that she can still sense you are there, deep inside.

what you are going through is complete torture. but out of your deep love for your wife, please realize that you need to hold on and be there for her. and. . you need to try and get some help for yourself, as you struggle through this.

please contact the V.A. they should be there for you.

and. . i hope you reach out here, and find support.
    you can pm me anytime if you want to talk.

there are many here who will listen, and we all care.
    lean on us for support.....:console:

4. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

You are a proud man, but there is no shame in asking for help from those who are in a position to give it.

It's your duty, to your wife and to yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.