what happend..*may trigger*

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Gemballs, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gemballs

Gemballs Well-Known Member

Right, I've been on here a while now, (not too long) But i feel i should let out what happend to me as in a way, it might help me.

Right, it started when i was between the age of 9 and 11, i cant exactly remember, from that age i was abused, sexually, by my uncle. I'm now 16 years of age and in November the police found out. I'm to appear in court soon, after a year of them finding out, to which im feeling rather down about. I never told anyone sooner because i thought it was normal, when someone else found out i just thought it was all my fault.

Also, my grandad is always talking about him, which doesnt help and every night he's on the phone to him.. Hes always praising him.
    Thanks for reading. I just had to tell someone.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009
  2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Thank you so much for being brave enough to tell us. Do you have supportive friends and family? I'm glad that you have us and feel able to talk to us.
    Does your grandad know what's happened, also do you live with your grandad, sorry for all the questions!
    :hug: Hazel

3. Gemballs

Not really. I normally have trust issues but i needed to tell someone because i couldnt keep it in anymore.

4. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Please keep talking to us. :hug:

5. Gemballs

Ill try ;[

6. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

G-d, please take care of yourself - have you gotten any help?

You are showing lots of strength and courage to tell us, and to tell in court. Not easy, but ...wow, I admire your ability to step out and say something.

Keep reaching out! You will find support!

7. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

you are really brave to testify against him...chances are unless he's imprisonned, he'll probably do that to other girls...you are doing the right thing...

your gramps sound like he's in denial...I know how you must feel...

when my uncle threatened to kill me, my dad refused to believe it...thankfully foster care and therapist believed me....but its hard when people who are close to you don't believe you...it makes you doubt yourself...don't doubt yourself...you are doing the right thing...

Do you have a therapist to help you with what happened to you? That could help you alot and give you extra support...how do your parents react to this? Are they supportive?

8. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Exactly like me. That's still good to post, it gets a little out of your system. We're still alive, it's enormous, I realized that just recently. :hugtackles:

9. Gemballs

I have a councilor but she doenst seem really interested and normally i get trust issues, but idk what came over me tbf and like, i only see her once in a blue moon when she can be botherd it seems. But like its hard at school atm because im sticking through it and staying on at 6th form, to show that im not going to let anyone stop my dreams & life long plans.. but atm in health & social care we are doing all about abuse and the teacher just doesnt see how it affects people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.