What Happened To The Memories?

I met Alex when we were two. We were next door neighbors. We'd spend every day together. When we turned seven, he moved to Australia. I cried for days. I was seven years old, losing my best friend was the worst feeling. I still talked to him, though. I'd e-mail him. I'd talk to him on the phone. It wasn't the same though.
Later, he came back. And I was so excited. We weren't neighbors anymore, but I still got to see him often.
When we got oldeer, he was diagnosed with Leukemia. I was so scared. I wanted him to survive. He did.
The last time I saw Alex was February 28, 2009. He had a transplant for his cancer, and he had a party for the one year transplant anniversary.
His cancer came back after a while. I thought "If he survived once, he'll survive again, right?"
Wrong. I lost him when I was in seventh grade. That was two years ago. I'm a freshman in high school now. I cried for days when I lost my best friend, and I still do. /: I always wish I could have taken his place. Why couldn't I have gotten the cancer instead of him? I should've had it, not Alex.

Tmacster1

I'm sorry to hear about your best friends passing :( you have to remember what happened to him wasn't your fault. I don't think there was anyway you could of stopped that cancer from taking his life. I'm sure you made his life bright when you were good friends. I think you have a valid reason to be upset and that's completely understandable because you lost someone you cared about a lot. I'm sure your friend wants you to be happy and enjoy life. Cancer is a nasty disease that takes people we care for and love... Someday in the future hopefully they find a cure for it. Feel free to continue to post your emotions, feelings, and thoughts with us because I'm willing to listen to you :hug: and I know what it's like to loose someone close to you.

Trevor,

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Aww I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Cancer is a terrible disease and anyone can get it at any time. It hurts so much to lose someone you care about, but please don't wish cancer upon yourself. Your friend would want you to go on and live a long and happy life.

Tmacster1

Aww I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Cancer is a terrible disease and anyone can get it at any time. It hurts so much to lose someone you care about, but please don't wish cancer upon yourself. Your friend would want you to go on and live a long and happy life.
Agreed, you shouldn't wish cancer on yourself because it's a painful nasty disease that can be unforgiving. Christy is right your friend would want you to live a full happy life, and I'm sure he was happy when you two were actively having fun with each other. Loosing someone hurts but you have to remember that they would want you to stay strong. :hug:

Trevor,

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00