what happened to watching a movie just for fun

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Sep 16, 2010.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

what happened to watching a movie just for fun...why is there always someone determined to hate the movie and they go see it with full intention on criticizing EVERY SINGLE scene just 'cause they think its cool to do so...it isn't cool...

why would you spend money on a movie you already know you're not going to like? just so you can dish it? wow...that is really loser....
  2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

It's because movies nowadays lack originality and quality. Just because they spent millions on special effects doesn't mean it will make the movie good. 2012 for example... that movie is so aggravatingly dumb. I think i read less dumber thing from a Bazooka Joe chewing gum comic strip.

Don't think i'm a movie snob. I've seen Avatar multiple times and enjoyed it alot. I watch movie to be entertain. That's why i agree with you that people shouldn't take movie so seriously.
  3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Well, the quality of a movie is often separate from it's 'entertainment value'.
    A movie with a good storyline could very well be low budget and 'boring' whereas a 60 minute crapfest of boobs and explosions could actually be very enjoyable and get alot of laughs.

It all depends on the mood a person is in when they go in to see a movie.
    If you are intent on criticizing every aspect of the film; then, yes- it's going to seem very dull. Very shitty.
    This type of movie goer is who we- in the film biz would call "a rock".
    Why a rock? Because they are unmoved in their opinion of the movie from beginning until the end when the lights come back on.
    A movie goer who enters the same movie theater with no expectations except to have a good time is going to have a good time no matter how cheesy or ridiculously low-budget the film was.
  4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

at least I'm not the only one thinking this :)

I didn't like 2012 that much but LOVED avatar...it was so beautiful visually...

yeah it doesn't stop the fact that there are crappy movies out there...but I mean people take things way too seriously for my taste...and I've seen people "rocks"(as kittygirl says) who dish on EVERY movie that they see...I mean they scrutinize every single context, scene etc...and its always negative...its a waist of space...

anyways sorry for ranting...just sometimes its frustrating...
  5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Don't read the reviews. They are nothing but a person's opinion
  6. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

According to that, I'm definitely a rock. xD I can't help it though, movies now just seem to lack any real originality or story. I'm not after substantial CG or anything, in fact I could care less about that. I only want an intriguing story to watch. But I also have the decency to not ruin other people's fun in a movie theatre, which is why I rarely go out to watch movies.