What happened?? ='(

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sa Palomera, May 16, 2007.

1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

What the hell has happened to SF Chat :sad:

There used to be a time that people would have a nice chat in the lobby and when someone felt shit they'd go into Triggering Subjects. Half the Lobby would follow to be there for them, listen to them, hug them, support them and maybe even give advice. People were there for each other. The chat lobby was full of having fun, yacking around, but Triggering Subjects was always the place to go when you felt shit, and people would actually follow each other in there to support.

And what does chat look like these days?
    People chat in lobby, fights and arguments occur all the time. And what hurts me most is that if someone goes into Triggering Subjects, barely ever does anyone go after them anymore. WHY NOT!??? What happened to the days were it was a supportive chat?
    I know I'm not always there for everyone and I feel guilty for it. But often it happens that ppl sit in TS for ages and nobody follows to check on them or to listen to them or to just sit with them even. No. There's barely any support anymore.
    This is one of the reasons why I'm always in my own little subroom. Nobody cares. And I'm sick of the arguing and fighting in chat :sad: It hurts :cry:

And it hurts that nobody really seems to care for each other anymore :cry: I try to follow people into TS all the time. As soon as I see someone going in there I try to follow and be there for them. And I feel so guilty when I don't see them going in cos I'm afk , or when I can't go in there cos I'm too much of a fucked up mess myself.
    All I want is that people know that they are being cared for. This is supposed to be a chat of a supportive community. Chat has changed. People don't seem to care anymore.
    I understand you cant always be there for others, especially if you're too much of a mess yourself at that moment. If you are upset yourself, it's normal you cant always be there for others. But like.. NEVER??

I mean. come on. if theres 28 ppl in chat and 1 goes into TS, I just don't believe that the other 27ppl are ALL so upset themselves that they can't go into TS to show that they care or wanna support the person.

I remember going into TS heavily upset more than once. and lately people just dont follow anymore. The other day there were like 15ppl in chat, I went into TS, feeling shit. And after 55mins did someone bother to ask me if I was okay, and that someone only just logged in before they came into TS to check on me. that's almost an HOUR.
    I know I don't deserve support. which is the main reason why I always password my subrooms in chat. I don't deserve support, so why go into Triggering Subjects where people can come in to support. But that night for once my stupid head had managed to get the idea that maybe, just maybe I DO deserve support. Well. Proved myself right again; it was just a stupid idea and I wonder how the fuck I could ever even THINK that I deserve any support. I'll just go back to helping others. They do deserve support and I will give it to them. Or at least try. I'd rather try but fail miserably (cos that's what I'm so good at :dry: ), than just sit and watch them being hurt. :sad:

sigh. It hurts. I hate it when people are hurt and in need of immediate support and they ain't getting it.

This is not to blame anyone. This is just a rant cos I'm so upset and pissed off about it. And I just keep wondering why and how and when chat changed... :cry:

2. Sa Palomera

why does everyone I used to be close with leave SF? :cry:

I'm starting to feel like I'm chasing everyone away. :sad:

3. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Oh hun.. i know what you mean, it's changed so much. and i hate it.

please remember that you DO deserve support.. you deserve it just as much as the next person, if not more for all the support you give :hug:

love you est

4. Sa Palomera

:hug: love you too, Ally :hug:

5. bloodysunday

bloodysunday Well-Known Member

Have only ventured into lobby twice and on both occasions it was empty. So I also left I felt as though I was intruding :(

Seemed futile being there

6. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

I never go into Chat anymore. The atmosphere seems to have changed so much even in the few months I've been here. :sad:

:hug:s Est. You do deserve help hon'. If I'd been there I would have followed :sad:. But as I said, I'm so sick of the fighting that I'm never in there at all these days. x x x

7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Not really been any fighting of late if you want to chance coming in Noddy:smile:

8. Saoirse

Saoirse Guest

Chat was made more for light hearted socializing. The forum was more for support.