What happened?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TaraB3ar, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

I feel like I used to be a really fun person and somewhere along the line I've lost that. I dont know what happened, I dont have fun anymore and Im not fun. Its really awful that a huge reason why I find it so hard to keep in touch with my friends who are all far away from me is that I'm so boring. I literally have nothing new to say. Where did the fun girl who used to be me go?

2. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

I can totally relate. Sorry I cant offer any help at the moment, im not in a good place right now. But we have spoken alot on the forum and i dont think your boring at all. I think your lovely. so so so lovely!!! be strong please. x

3. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

Same here. When I was 20 I was that person who always had something to say, and some people actually complimented me on being witty (they caught me at a good time). Nowadays I space off half of the time I'm awake and I can barely give anyone a straight answer, let alone be clever with what I'm saying.

What happened? Other than a major bout of depression, I think I just grew up. I find that the more I know about something, the less I have to say about it.

4. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

But im 20 now, Im in college, this is suppose to be the fun time of my life and im not fun at all :/

5. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Depression will do that to a person.

6. Ginger

Ginger Member

Sounds like the beginnings of depression. I'm well beyond that point. I became boring after the first back surgery, and being put on methadone, percocet, voltaren, tramadol, and ativan. I didn't want to be around anyone because like you said, I have nothing to say. Then after the second back surgery, they added zonegran, a nerve pain pill, which completely messed me up. I've become aggressive and intolerable at night (that's when I take it). I have no recollection of any of my actions. I've contacted the doc this week to be tapered off of it.

My suggestion is, that until your better, just send a quick email to your friends, explaining, "Hey guys, I'm just kind of in a slump right now. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm down. As much as I would love to see you right now, I just don't have the energy in me to do it. I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten you, and never intend to, but for now, emails might have to do."

I did that with my two best girlfriends, and they absolutely understood. We email about once a week or often sometimes, and they check up on me. Before that email, they didn't even know anything was wrong. Knowing that they care so much, that they want to check up and just drop a friendly line once or twice a week has made things look up for me. So not only might it save your friendships, but it might give you a little perk because you realize there are people that care about you, and will be there no matter what.

Try to keep your head up, trust me, I know it's hard, but I'm here to help too. Message me if you need to :)

7. confuzzle

confuzzle Well-Known Member

I'm sure you will find that fun girl again.

I can only speak from experience that I asked myself that question often not too long ago, and occassionally it will come back.

But I feel that through it all, through all the hardships and the days where I didn't want to live..it was worth it. It was worth living through those slumps, those unhappy boring times, because life is so much more exciting and fulfilling on the other side.

What is important is to perservere and not give up hope. Things always have a way of righting themselves out :)

8. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Depression has a way of making a person mentally blank and a low mood makes it hard to add contributions to conversations. The more a person focuses on their shortcoming like feeling unable to contribute, the more likely the problem is going to self perpetuate.

When I'm feeling like a boring slug among friends I try to simply add my sometimes laughably ignorant observations or opinions to the current topic of conversation.

I don't believe anyone is ever really "once" something like fun or smart or caring. You ARE fun, and it all will come back :smile:. Just hang in there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.