What happens after a suicide attempt?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by jen88, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jen88

jen88 New Member

Hi,

I am doing some research about suicide, and I came across this nice site. Hopefully it helps a lot of people out. I was wondering, what happens to a person who has surived a suicide attempt? Is going to therapy or a center mandatory or optional for the person? Could you tell me a little about how long therapy lasts? Any general information would be great, or even if you could give me a website with info like that. I really appreciate it!

2. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I don't know much.... But I do know they let you off quite easily.

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Everybody here will have different experiences. Help & support varies a lot depending on where you live.

4. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Maybe try google for specific laws regarding it. People from all over the world post here so you are going to get completely opposite answers from everyone.

5. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Ok. I'll pull a few from my hat [from the posts I've read]. Sometimes they put you in a psychiatric unit for up to 2 weeks where you get fed, clothed and you get a bed, you live with others in your position and you will recieve help.

Other times they send you to the hospital, to a psychiatrist and then they send you home, and they may get into touch with you.

But yeah, I've read tons of posts on here and everybody's experiences varies by location, maybe check around the after effects section.

6. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

• SF is not the place for fundraising, experiments, research studies or advertising activities. Any such requests will be deleted.

But anyway.. I'm quite sure there are a lot of factors involved when it comes to what kind of treatment one would get get. It really varies case to case.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

SF is not the place for fundraising, experiments, research studies or advertising activities. Any such requests will be deleted.

Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.