What happens after death?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GabiBr, Oct 1, 2016.

1. GabiBr

GabiBr New Member

This question keeps calling to me. It seems as though I've passed the desire to simply leave this suffering, but instead, to pursue death as though it can give me answers. Everything about daily life here, on earth, pushes me further and further away. I'm far beyond hating myself, hating my life, hating my future - I know there's simply no way I can defrost to this existence. So what lies beyond?
  2. mentalhealthnurse

mentalhealthnurse Well-Known Member

Probably nothing but nothingness.
  3. Greying

Greying Substandard

This questions gets to me a lot.. I wish I knew the answer.
  4. I've been in a near-death situation due to a heroin overdose -- nothing happened. It was like waking up from a deep sleep, albeit the deepest sleep I've ever experienced. That's the closest thing to an authoritative answer I can give.
  5. Worthlessness

Worthlessness Member

Just like a change of dress,may be. Our souls are form of energy and energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
  6. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

I wish I new what was after.....
  7. Depressed Since 1974

Depressed Since 1974 Active Member

It depends on who you ask. So far I haven't met anyone who's successfully made it back from the other side.

There are many stories of the afterlife, heaven, hell, rebirth, nirvana, nothing, darkness, emptiness, enlightenment and many many more. From everything I have read or studied, all of these stories were written by human beings so I don't give any one story more weight than another.

What is clear human beings are generally believe there is something after death. I'm skeptical, I'll believe it when I see it. I've known too many people that make stuff up to manipulate others.
  8. NoIdeaWhichName

NoIdeaWhichName Active Member

It's the same like before you were born.