What Happens After You Commit Suicide?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Sakura, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

As the title asks, does anyone have any ideas on what happens to you/your soul/your being after you commit suicide?
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I wish we all knew... I personally believe in spirits/ghosts, I believe in the afterlife and I also believe in reincarnation. I believe it's different for everybody though.
  3. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

The world goes on.
  4. Rodya

Rodya Member

It's impossible to know with absolute certainty, but I think it's most likely that we cease to exist. I think Epicurus put it best when he said, "When I am, death is not, and when death is, I am not."
  5. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I have a horrible feeling you just get reincarnated immediately, with a wiped memory, to the exact same year you were born. Like pressing a reset button. You have to continuously re-do it (life) over and over until you get it right.

Ask me this question in six months and I'll have a totally different theory.

I'm constantly changing my mind regarding philosophy without ever doing any research on it. Like a clueless prophet. :)
  6. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

You die, end of. Pure nothingness, anything else is what scares me.
    I can barely cope with the speed my head thinks as it is but an eternity of it is nothing less than a horrific nightmare.
    Nothingness is key, it cant be imagined by our brains, i wont think, i wont be.
    Really is just like a sleepless dream. but no waking up :biggrin: best lie in i'll ever have
  7. poison

poison Well-Known Member

it's a real uncomfortable thing to think about for many people, especially me. i don't believe in a higher power/god so i also don't believe in afterlife or souls. honestly, who knows? anything is possible, and that's the scary thing. maybe life is all just a bad dream, and when you die you wake up to a similar yet different reality.
  8. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

The world continues. You rot in the ground. That is pretty much it.
  9. Adam_D

Adam_D Well-Known Member

The astral plane.
  10. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

Dont know but will soon
  11. just.me

just.me Account Closed

what most people dont know is that the very basics behind self awareness
    is a limited memory structure made of energy particles that are bound
    together by positive and negative magnetic poles.

in other words, we dont need our body if we want to be self aware

and if out body is optional that means that after we die, we will still be
    self aware, even though we will loose everything ales.
    No memory's
    no emotions
    no feelings
    no time

I actually worked on a book about this with actual mathematical theory's
    that may prove life after death
    but i lost it when my HD died
    now i have to remake it
    plus i had real issues finding a publisher
  12. Random

Random Well-Known Member

13. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Don't know. People say you go to God, but I don't believe that either. I guess that's a valid answer. I don't know.
  14. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Unless it is something we don't know about or we do not find in the near future, we most likely end up like we were before we were born. Blackness, with no thought pattern whatsoever. I know I never had a conversation with Abraham Lincoln. That's what makes life both very sad and important. For if there is nothing, best have as many experiences as one can. Sad though, in knowing that no matter what you do, you will die and there will be nothing. Maybe you can make an importance somehow.

Actually you already have, by posting about it.

Take care,

15. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

I bellieve in the Gaia theory first proposed by James Lovelock, i've writen of this before here,, its where we are all a combination of a shared entity, a large energy so to speak, so when we die we get dispersed into many millions of things, over and over again. Never running out, always re-newing,,,,
  16. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

That is absolutely hilarious, so why do anasthetics work? we are not self aware when the chemicals reach the brain....does this not in itself imply that brains are required for self awareness. And yes everything is energy, thats what atoms are by many models. you have forgotten a multitude of variables, various constraints. Please try and make some sense.
    Also if there is no time, no feelings, no emotions, no memory does that not then make you DEAD, it is through time we are able to exist with any form of awareness, thought is constrained by time, it is through feeling and emotion we feel our existence.
    So if there is no time how can a thought ever happen? all in one point of time?
    I think youve based your work on "the basics" too much, there is nothing basic about self awareness and is still a large area of scientific research due to the fact we dont know enough about it yet.
    What proof do you have, proof that could be put before a scientific team that could confirm it?
    I eagerly await your reply.
  17. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

The world will carry on
    Someone will miss you, even though you never believed it to be possible
    You'll end up in oblivion

This is my belief, I'm not sure though, for obvious reasons
  18. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

You open your eyes to see two cloven hoofs. Your gaze continues to travel upwards until you recognize that is Satan who is standing before you. He is very pleased to meet you.:diablo:
  19. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

satan jerks you off while you watch the love of your life fuck some other guy and love it
  20. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

HAHA! Where did that come from?!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.