What Happens To Us When We Kill Ourselves

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Aside from all the torment and suffering and devastion we leave behind for our family and friends, what happens to us, when we die? Specifically when we kill ourselves?

Well...for a couple of months after my wife left I was obsessed with death. I read everything I could on the subject. I even spent a lot of time at that website that shows celebrities grave sites.

Anyway...I stumbled across a site about NDE's (Near Death Experiences). These are documented case studies of people who died and came back.

Now....I know, I was skeptical too. Afterall I have heard the arguements. It is just the brian firing electonic impulses as we die and that we are just being flooded with the info we learned about death from before. The long tunnel, the white light etc.

Yet.....a lot of those case studies were not anything like the old long tunnel, white light deal.

In most cases people were surrounded in a darkness.

Anyway....for our purposes we will discuss what happens to people who commit suicide.

Now, a lot of the subjects talked about a holding place an area of grey fog kinda of like a purgatory.

I don't remember where I read it, but I do recall that a person was given the option of remaining in the afterlife seperated from God for all eternity or, going back to Earth to fix the problems that led to the suicide..or...starting all over again as a baby in a new human form, and having to experience all the exact same problems again that led the person to suicide.

And another possible concern for us is the accountability factor.

Here is an excerpt from one person's NDE;

"I learned that just as there are laws of nature, of physics and probability, there are laws of spirit. One of these spiritual laws is that a price of suffering must be paid for every act of harm. "

"Because of the anger and pain I would cause them, my loved ones would be unable to store up the goodness that they were meant to pass on to others. I would be held responsible for the damages - or the lack of good - they would do while immersed in the pain of my selfish death. And I would pay dearly for it, since spiritual laws dictate that all of the harm, including lack of good, stemming from my death be punished by a measure of suffering. Even though I couldn't foresee the ripple effect my death would cause, I would be held accountable."
    http://www.near-death.com/experiences/suicide04.html

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/suicide06.html

Seem's like when we kill ourselves we are playing with fire. And not the fires of hell, but rather upsetting the apple cart of the universe.

Just some food for thought.

2. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

that was a great post. gives one something to think about.

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thanks! People need to remember there are consequences for all of our actions.

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

"I know what happens when people die. They start to smell terrible." Truth, though perhaps with a little less value than we'd like. :)

5. croatoan

croatoan Member

To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
    But that the dread of something after death,
    The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
    No traveller returns, puzzles the will
    And makes us rather bear those ills we have
    Than fly to others that we know not of?

Hamlet, Act III Scene I

6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I think when you die you rot in the ground and get eaten by worms.

7. ccastro2k2

ccastro2k2 Active Member

I think it would be just like sleeping..when you sleep (without dreaming) you dont recall anything, you are just dead for a while...I think it just that.
    I ask GOD to let me die in my sleep so that I do not have to do it by my own hand but since he wont listen then he is pushing to do so....

8. Emo_kitty

Emo_kitty Account Closed

I think you get reincarnated
    i hope its true as id like to come back as a cat

9. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

When you are going to die, all you think is death afterlife god heaven hell purgatory tunnel light angels etc... So, then you die and these thoughts will appear in your brain while your brain is dying. Ndes are dreams actually.

10. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

My thoughts:

Recincarnation. Highly possible. Why not? The Earth is ~4.5 billion years old. What are the odds that you only possess a body with consciousness for 100 years? Think about it. Everything born from the Earth has come from the Earth. In the dawn of time their were trillions and trillions of tiny cells that formed together to create a being that had consciousness. If the Earth did not have what it had, we simply could not sustain life. You are born from the Earth, the nutrients it gives off and the cells it can sustain. When you die, you go back to the Earth and the cycle of life repeats.

What about on a bigger scale? The universe. The universe is infinite, nothing can enter it, and nothing can escape. Personally, I believe in life on other planets. How could there not be? In a series of infinite solar systems and even multiple universes, how unlikely is it that Earth is the only planet with life? Ever. Perhaps when we die we are reborn on another planet?

The whole concept of religion just doesn't fly with me. On the larger scale of things, it breeds hatred, intolerance and false hope. This is not to say religion isn't good, it also provides a set of moral standards in which people live by to try to live the best life possible. But floating clouds, a single God, and all spirits in eternal life that either go to Heaven or Hell just seems a little too farfetched and a lot of wishful thinking to me.

Suicide is a sin in Christianity, but certain forms of suicide (martydom, peaceful starvations etc...) in other religions are said to get you into a glorious afterlife. What it all boils down to is we are all human. We are all animals. The only thing that seperates us from the wild is, when we were first starting out as a species, we were weak, we were at the bottom of the food chain. Instead of using our muscles and razor sharp teeth and claws to get ahead, we used our brain. The brain is crazy. Look at everything around you, this was all created by our brain. Everything in human life (MODERN human life) is manufactured, a... plea... to know more. We are always asking why.

Death, no matter how conceived, results in reincarnation. Perhaps men who feel like women inside, or vice versa, are the results of being the opposite sex in a past life? There have been cases where prominent war generals would swear on all they had that they were war generals in past lives. Maybe we come back as human, maybe we come back as insects, who knows? Life is out our control, there is nothing we can do to conquer it. But death is a just a figment of lifes imagination.

Feel free to disagree, just some uneducated food for thought.

11. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

When I die, naturally or suicide, I hope my kids have horrible lives afterwards. They've given me too much suffering and I want it to be paid back to them, to finally realize how badly they treated me. If it gives them bad dreams for the rest of their lives, so be it. They've made my life a living hell, let them suffer with that realization for the rest of their lives. What goes around, comes around. Maybe in their next lives they won't treat their mother so horribly.

12. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Usually when you die you empty your bowels and bladder. Is this what you want your last action on this earth to be?

13. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Why not? Last 8 years of my life feels like others have been shitting and pissing all over me. If you cant beat them join them!!! And if nothing else I'll have the satisfaction of knowing finally I'm not the one cleaning up the mess.

14. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Anyone read or seen the film Saved by the Light ?
    If thats what happens I need to sort out shit now!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.