What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by worlds edge, Aug 1, 2008.

1. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Damn. Some things I'm better off not knowing... :unsure:

2. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

This is an enormous exaggeration.

Ten teaspoons of refined sugar = approx. 160 calories. Hardly enough of a carbohydrate (and a type your body converts to blood glucose at reasonably slow rate) to cause a large release of insulin (the fat storing hormone) from your pancreas.

If you want to learn about keeping your blood glucose levels in a healthy range read about the glycemic index of carbohydrates. As for Coca cola once containing cocaine, you would have to have been raised by wolves to not know that unfortunate piece of American patent remedy trivia. :blink:

3. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

My body take in the caffine and uses it to get me through all of the crap that I hvae to get through in the given day.

I am addicated to caffine: energy drinks, coffee, pills, pop and chocolate.

Plus I have some much caffine in agiven day jsut a pop has little effect on me anymore.

4. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Coca-Cola contains carbonated water, phosphoric acid, high fructose corn syrup (sugar), caramel color, natural flavors, and caffeine.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

The carbonation in the water acutally converts to fermaldyhide which is damaging to the liver.

High fructose corn syrup is also said the known as MSG too. I wouldn't doubt that there is a level of high concentrated sugar and MSG ( linked to many health issues expecially seizures and migraines).

Caffeine is a poison to the CNS ( central nervous system)

Phosphoric acid depletes the body's ability to assimilate calcium.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I gave up pop/diet sodas about 18 years ago with all the ill health effects. That and the taste of aluminum.....yuck.

5. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

High fructose corn syrup does not equal sugar (real carb)

It's a scary misconception in our society to think a sugar is a sugar. Process cane sugar will never be the same as natural digestible sugar from natural sources like fruit in whole form. Taken to the next level of HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, is even more disturbing

6. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Get a life.. Drink Pepsi :tongue:

7. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

Coming off a caffeine addiction is not easy.