What Happens When You Die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetItGo

Staff Alumni
Been thinking...

I once read this book, that was all about portals to other dimensions, if you approached the portal in the right frame of mind, and on the right angle, you could see it and use it...but most ppl are not in the right frame of mind, they dont believe, so they cant find the portals.

So im wondering if I die, does my soul try to find one of these portals?, or does the soul escape out of the body, and go into the ground fertilising other souls to be born?

If i die now, am I condemned to repeat the same life until I find a resolution for the issues ive had in this one...or am I reborn into a dog or cat, or something really awful, like something with a life of 10 days. I dont want to go through this shit again for fucks sake.

Do I go to hell? mmm but im agnostic, so perhaps if i dont believe in heavan and hell....I wont face either...then again that might mean im not reborn...and then again, perhaps your just worm food after all...

Ive also been thinking about the violence of it. If you die violently, perhaps your soul doesnt have enough time to escape?, if its really sudden, your just a ghost forever and ever...jesus that would suck.

So I plan out a death, thats peaceful, and gives enough time for my soul to escape...

I have this vision, of my death, a partial vision, every day. Its like its meant to be...a premination of that day.

I just know its gonna happen...

downmage

They say that " death " is the greatest mystery of all. I am one that believes our consciousness does survive physical death. But that's just a belief of mind. I don't believe in hell or a source for evil, so if I ever decide to take my life, I won't be going to a place like that. The reason I have this belief is that I have more than one " mystical " type of experience.

There is one consciousness teacher that I follow that say''s there is no such thing as " earthbound entities ". If I commit suicide I don't want to be hanging around on earth.

I once encountered one of those " portals " that you mentioned up in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Maybe one day I'll write about that experience.

LetItGo

Staff Alumni
One part of me NEEDS to think ill get a second chance at life at some point in the future, another part of me thinks I dont deserve that second chance. The vision i have of my death is becoming more frequent :( It just seems my life is on a countdown now, im destined for this to happen.

mike25

Mans natural inclination throughout history is to believe in a creator or superior intelligence. Atheism is a man made phenomenon and is out of sync with what can clearly be seen all around us ie nature.
I believe when a person dies, they are judged by God. All men and women are guilty. But they can be saved by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ at Calvery, who paid our sin debt in full, and be welcomed in to the eternal Kingdom of Heaven. That's the Good News. Yet so many are hostile to it.

P

ProzacDeathWish

Mans natural inclination throughout history is to believe in a creator or superior intelligence. Atheism is a man made phenomenon and is out of sync with what can clearly be seen all around us ie nature.
I believe when a person dies, they are judged by God. All men and women are guilty. But they can be saved by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ at Calvery, who paid our sin debt in full, and be welcomed in to the eternal Kingdom of Heaven. That's the Good News. Yet so many are hostile to it.
No disrespect, mike25, but you are clearly a product of your environment. You are a 21'st century Brit who has follwed "mans natural inclination" to adopt the religious views of ones native culture. If you were alive 2500 years ago and living where you are now, you would instead be advocating the worship of the pagan gods that your ancestors believed in.

Mans natural inclination, as you put it, actually is to follow the crowd and imitate what they see around them and that is why most people in India are Hindu ( world's third largest relgion ), most people living in the Middle East are Muslim ( world's second largest religion ) and why most people in China are Buddhists.

I live in America, a nation which has a long tradition of embracing Christianity. Would you like to guess what religion that most of my family and friends practice ?

PS, I am not criticising your motives. I'm sure your intentions are based upon a genuine concern for others. Peace.

Last edited:

mike25

and you, prozacdeathwish, are clearly the product of a subculture that thinks itself smarter than holy manuscripts which have survived thousands of years, and multiple attempts by various people to wipe them out, or discredit them. Mans natural inclination is to be a free thinking individual. Only a closed off mind would deduce that God or some other higher intelligence beyond himself doesn't exist. The vast majority of Hindu's, Buddhists, Muslims (Koran contains the NT), etc have heard of Jesus Christ, but refuse to believe him, and thus have rejected him. It's really quite simple, people just don't want to accept it. The human heart is hard. Christ didn't do anything wrong in his life, he didn't hurt anyone; he preached a message of love for fellow man. So why do you have such a problem with him?

P

ProzacDeathWish

and you, prozacdeathwish, are clearly the product of a subculture that thinks itself smarter than holy manuscripts which have survived thousands of years, and multiple attempts by various people to wipe them out, or discredit them. Mans natural inclination is to be a free thinking individual. Only a closed off mind would deduce that God or some other higher intelligence beyond himself doesn't exist. The vast majority of Hindu's, Buddhists, Muslims (Koran contains the NT), etc have heard of Jesus Christ, but refuse to believe him, and thus have rejected him. It's really quite simple, people just don't want to accept it. The human heart is hard. Christ didn't do anything wrong in his life, he didn't hurt anyone; he preached a message of love for fellow man. So why do you have such a problem with him?
"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and kill them in front of me." Jesus, Luke 19:27.

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones
will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open"
Hosea 13:16

"And the Lord said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the Lord against the sun, that the fierce anger of the Lord may be turned away from Israel." Numbers 25:4

Your right mike25, he sounds like a really nice guy. I guess I just jumped to conclusions. My bad.

Last edited:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Oh Hindus do believe in Christ Mike, they call him Krishna (long conversation with indian friends brought that one to light)

Prozac, if you're going to quote scripture don't take it out of context. That particular quote is a parable and is open to much interpretation.

As to the judgement of God on death, from what I've read and heard (from patients who have experienced near death) they were faced with all the stuff they had done in life (both good and bad).

Guess that explains the scripture :

7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Matt hun please stop going doing this path, it's not doing you any good or solving anything. Always here if you need me.

sorry_mozart

I don't believe in any sort of afterlife either. When you're dead, you're dead. Worms eat you, the end.

But shouldn't this topic be moved to the 'soapbox' or something? It seems a little inflammatory to be here.

T

thecleric

Do I go to hell? mmm but im agnostic, so perhaps if i dont believe in heavan and hell....I wont face either...then again that might mean im not reborn...and then again, perhaps your just worm food after all...
If you're really agnostic, then you're explicitly saying that you haven't the foggiest idea whether there is a God, an afterlife, etc.

And presumably, along with that goes an acknowledgement that you don't have any way of finding out before you, personally, die.

Last edited:
T

thecleric

The vast majority of Hindu's, Buddhists, Muslims (Koran contains the NT), etc have heard of Jesus Christ
Errum, by "NT" I presume you mean New Testament?

The Koran does mention Jesus, but completely rejects his claim to be the messiah. It in no way "contains" the New Testament.

Last edited:
P

ProzacDeathWish

Oh Hindus do believe in Christ Mike, they call him Krishna (long conversation with indian friends brought that one to light)

Prozac, if you're going to quote scripture don't take it out of context. That particular quote is a parable and is open to much interpretation.

As to the judgement of God on death, from what I've read and heard (from patients who have experienced near death) they were faced with all the stuff they had done in life (both good and bad).

Guess that explains the scripture :

7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Matt hun please stop going doing this path, it's not doing you any good or solving anything. Always here if you need me.
Don't worry, I'm backing away from this thread as fast as I can, ....thank you very much ! :wink:

Esmeralda

MJ

I cant tell you if there is a Heaven or Hell. I CAN tell you that I believe in God and in Heaven, but I'm not so sure about Hell. That being said, just because one doesn't BELIEVE that Hell or Heaven exists does not mean that you won't go there when you die. Belief has nothing to do with it. If they exist, then you will go to one or the other when you die. Not believing that is like saying that if I believe a pineapple doesn't exist I will never see one in the grocery store. We don't have to believe in something for it to exist and eventually experience its effects.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I'll just jump in with both feet here... I think the reason so many people, including myself, believe in Heaven, Hell, an Afterlife, God, Satan, Buddha, etc etc, is because we (many of us) realize how short a trip our lives are and desperately want to believe that this one go-around on this rock is NOT all there is - there must be something more. I fall into that class as I'm always analyzing everything, the Creator included. I believe cause I WANT to believe - simple as that. I respect that some others DON'T believe cause they don't want to believe. That seems quite simple to me. Believe if you want to, don't believe if you don't.

As to what happens after you die... having not died yet I can't say for sure. And once having died I don't know if it's possible to "come back" in any way able to share my knowledge of the experience of dying. I tend to believe in reincarnation (or whatever you want to call it) mainly cause I've made so many mistakes and missteps that I'd like a chance to redo it, to get it right - tho it may take several times to truly "get it right"!

Just my opinion...

least

P

ProzacDeathWish

I'll just jump in with both feet here... I think the reason so many people, including myself, believe in Heaven, Hell, an Afterlife, God, Satan, Buddha, etc etc, is because we (many of us) realize how short a trip our lives are and desperately want to believe that this one go-around on this rock is NOT all there is - there must be something more. I fall into that class as I'm always analyzing everything, the Creator included. I believe cause I WANT to believe - simple as that. I respect that some others DON'T believe cause they don't want to believe. That seems quite simple to me. Believe if you want to, don't believe if you don't.

As to what happens after you die... having not died yet I can't say for sure. And once having died I don't know if it's possible to "come back" in any way able to share my knowledge of the experience of dying. I tend to believe in reincarnation (or whatever you want to call it) mainly cause I've made so many mistakes and missteps that I'd like a chance to redo it, to get it right - tho it may take several times to truly "get it right"!

Just my opinion...

least

Hi Least.... first, from me, a big two armed, rib-cracking hug thrown in with sloppy face kisses to you...you are sooo sweet.

Anyway I guess I differ from most persons with religious / spiritual convictions in that I don't want my existence to go on forever. What a horrifying concept to consider !!!

Last edited:

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I understand your feeling of not wanting to live forever. I saw a t shirt once that said: Immortality - a fate worse than death.:wink:

Now THAT I can truly understand!:biggrin:

least

thanks for the hugs and kisses - you have no idea how badly they are needed today...:sad:

Zurkhardo

There is some interesting belief that says we're all experiening some dream state, that what we think is death is us awakening or something. Don't really recall the details...

But yes...it is scary to imagine the girm realities of death...being alone and with no one, but otherwise just...ceasing to exist. I wonder how that feels...

TG123

I agree.

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00