what happens?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by emzkimo, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emzkimo

emzkimo Active Member

The thought of killing myself doesn't scare me, I'm scared of what happens after. I'm scared there will be something else, that I can't end, and I'm stuck there forever? So life is the lesser of two evils, for now... I guess?! But then there's no way out, nowhere to escape to?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I sure can understand your feelings on this. I'd say most of us here would have thought about this but at the end of the day it's down to your beliefs and whether your religious or not. Personally I like to think heaven is there especially because I have lost extremely close friends in very tragic circumstances, but I guess it will be a long time before I find out. Interesting post :)
  3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i for one have defenetly thought about this in the past.... what's next, do i have to do it all over again... i do believe in an afterlife, yes. butt i really don't think it's like current life.. i believe you come back, but i believe everything such as suffering... illness, war, that's not gonna be their. it's gonna be a nice easy run..

dunno if it's true- probably not, but i can belive...
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't know if there is an afterlife or not, I guess no one can ever really know for sure. I guess that's one reason I haven't done it yet, because in case the here and now is all I have, I want to make the most of it.
  5. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

I don't believe in an afterlife or God because I have no reason to. So no I'm not afraid of death at all, I'm way more afraid of the actual process of death.
  6. lifeless84

lifeless84 Well-Known Member

Don't know if there is an afterlife, but for sure, I know I don't want it. 30 years of existence on this planet and I am already exhausted. And someone tells me I'll have to ETERNALLY exist after I die? I say, NO THANK YOU
  7. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

I hope death leads to pure unconsciousness.
  8. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i've wondered a lot about what it feels like too

but i don't think it hurtts.. you probably just get all cold... then warm again, and then well... start fading in an out... until, well, you know.

and no, despite the fact i heard that in a movie, that's how i've thought about it for ages
  9. John B

John B Active Member

Imagine what happens to a computer that’s on and running, when the plug to the power supply is yanked out. That’s death, one second you’re there, the next you’re gone. The problem with organism is that the cells that sustained them decay, and what was once there is permanently lost. This is probably the worst thing I should say to you but again, death deterrent. You need a dramatic change to your current environment. Get away from everything, where no one knows you and start fresh. Try to make the majority of your past irrelevant while keeping the few important things.

“Escape to rural Canada, there’s space up north.” – Stupid Comment, Don’t Be Offended.
  10. emzkimo

emzkimo Active Member

My thoughts exactly.
  11. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

i hope for eternal life cos i want to help people that come in from the other side the earthbound. just seen episode where actress sharon tate appeared to paranormal chasres. that was scary. she had blood dripping onto to her belly where she was pregnant. so not sure either on the other side completely but i iwsh for something peaceful.
  12. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

This also fears me, I always wondered what would happen.
    The thought alone scared me, I think that's why I chose never to go through with it.
    So I can understand why that would trouble you. Thanks for posting this. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.