1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What has made you the way you are now?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by snarrylover, Jan 16, 2012.

1. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

I was just trying to figure out how my life changed so much - I used to be such a happy, outgoing person and now I'm shy and awkward and nervous and have no friends. There are things - little things to others but huge to me - that stand out as incidents. What are yours?

Mine:
    - High school geography trip, I was left out all day. At lunch I went to sit next to two girls I knew from class - they looked at each other, stood up, and walked away.

- The first job I had I tried to make conversation with a girl my age - she looked at someone else and laughed.

- I was walking home from college with a male friend - we walked past a guy, my friend must have glanced at him because the guy laughed "Don't worry, I'm not looking at your bird, mate."

- When I got my first boyfriend in highschool, a mutual 'friend' said to me "He can't really do any better than you."

People are just f*****g cruel.

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN SF Author

Hey hon :hug:
    People are cruel and unfortunately our own brains work against us sometimes - it is so easy to take a comment or an incident and cling onto it and make it much bigger than it was until its a reason to not talk to people, a reason to feel insignificant or ugly or somehow... less. I know this because I've been doing it for the last decade.
    I am not going to go into details (I know you asked but honestly - its boring) but the long and short is: bad relationships, unrequited love, thoughtless comments from friends... it mounts up.
    I am sorry that you feel so broken down - I know how it gets and unfortunately I have no winning words of advice. I hope someone else here does (I'll be checking... could use some myself).
    Take care :hug: xxx