What has made you the way you are now?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by snarrylover, Jan 16, 2012.

1. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

I was just trying to figure out how my life changed so much - I used to be such a happy, outgoing person and now I'm shy and awkward and nervous and have no friends. There are things - little things to others but huge to me - that stand out as incidents. What are yours?

- High school geography trip, I was left out all day. At lunch I went to sit next to two girls I knew from class - they looked at each other, stood up, and walked away.

- The first job I had I tried to make conversation with a girl my age - she looked at someone else and laughed.

- I was walking home from college with a male friend - we walked past a guy, my friend must have glanced at him because the guy laughed "Don't worry, I'm not looking at your bird, mate."

- When I got my first boyfriend in highschool, a mutual 'friend' said to me "He can't really do any better than you."

People are just f*****g cruel.
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Hey hon :hug:
    People are cruel and unfortunately our own brains work against us sometimes - it is so easy to take a comment or an incident and cling onto it and make it much bigger than it was until its a reason to not talk to people, a reason to feel insignificant or ugly or somehow... less. I know this because I've been doing it for the last decade.
    I am not going to go into details (I know you asked but honestly - its boring) but the long and short is: bad relationships, unrequited love, thoughtless comments from friends... it mounts up.
    I am sorry that you feel so broken down - I know how it gets and unfortunately I have no winning words of advice. I hope someone else here does (I'll be checking... could use some myself).
    Take care :hug: xxx