What has this forum done for you? Don't know where I would be without this forum.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by The Depressed Puppy, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Depressed Puppy

The Depressed Puppy Well-Known Member

Basically, saved my life. I usually come here when I am really struggling(when I am at my worst I don't though), & it really helps. It helps me get through the day,& to see that I should try one more day. It reminds that people suffer from depression. That it will get better.

I might be dead if I didn't find this place, I do not know where I would be.

2. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Re: What has this forum done for you? Don't know where I would be without this forum

Hey, I wanted to chime in here, because this forum saved my life, too.

I don't know where I would be without the friends, community and support I found here. When I joined just two months ago I was in a really dark place; really depressed about my life, really lonely, really isolated. Since then I've made some great friends here, not to mention how great of a support the community is when I post in the Crisis forum or something. It's enabled me to get up in the mornings and try, and here I am two months later much healthier and about to start a new job.

I don't feel alone anymore, and that has made all the difference. Thank you SF!

3. lonel

lonel Account Closed

Re: What has this forum done for you? Don't know where I would be without this forum

Thats great to hear!

4. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

For a first time forum user, I have found SF very helpful in support, information, and the opportunity to quit isolating with out the face to face anxiety. From my 2 months on here I have been getting better. I have been able to learn how to express myself/condition better to my doctor and psychologist because of the people here. I have a very hard time in being able to explain my feelings condition with out downplaying the symptoms, or even mentioning them to professionals at all. I feel great shame/guilt about my condition and this forum has helped me to understand that I am not alone and that it is okay to talk about.
    :thankyoukiss: SF and all who put in their time and energy to make a site like this possible
    :grouphug:

5. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

these are very positive messages

forum so far, idk. i really don't know yet what it's done for me but if it was bad i'd not ever come here lol

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Well, I have been helped by some people, but I've also really been hurt by some. I help people and they usually don't appreciate it, they try to help me and they usually give up. But I think it's a good and helpful place, and it's nice to have a place I can talk about my feelings without being judged or mocked.

7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

That's what I like about SF the most, that we can be genuine people here, and to know for sure that there are others out there who want to be genuine, helpful people too - also that I am not alone in my journey of making sense of things - and the incredible insights that can plop into our minds from complete strangers who are able to word what we need in a new way. Life-changing!!

8. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

I can say with out right certainty that SF has saved my life a couple of times. There are times when I lose all insight and the Bipolar entirely takes over. In those times people here have kept me going. Especially when professional help has failed so badly to deliver anything of substance, in the moment of need. This site stops me from closing the door on hope all together and succumbing to unchallenged misery. I also very much enjoy talking to the people here. I help them they help me, that is powerful in a disconnected world where you cannot usually express this depth of feeling with out being mocked with such statements like, 'why are you not dead then?'

9. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Without Suicide Forum I know myself & many other people would not be alive today - for me I still self harm but since joining SF I have self harmed somewhat less than before I joined SF -

Let's give a big cheer & thankyou to Corvuise for keeping SF online and creating the capacity to keep so much archive and all the current posts and another big cheer and thankyou to Robin WildCherry Acy NewYorkJmpmaster and all admins and mods for keeping SF alive and available for all to use

:ladyandthetramp:

:freehug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.