What have you been diagnosised as?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by mixedemotions, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

So, I was just wondering how many of us has actually had a professional diagnoises..

What have you been diagnosised with?

How long did it take to get diagnosised?

How long have you had your diagnoises?
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

PTSD < I was diagnosed one week after I was the victim of a violent assault back in grade 9- and am still suffering from it.
    Since then, a list of several other disorders have built up... although Insomnia and social anxiety were two that I'd been having trouble with since I was a small child... basically my doctors say that it all stems from my PTSD; although I have made amends and forgiven my attacker... and now I'm just afraid of everyone else!

Currently I am only on medication for depression/anxiety.
    I don't take sleeping pills, because I don't have much luck with them... in my experience- they all just stop working after a couple of weeks.
  3. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Major depression. Granted, the diagnosis came from our family GP, not a psychiatrist, but I trust his judgment. And, frankly, anyone who knows me would find it very hard to argue that I'm not depressed. The official diagnosis was made in summer of last year.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
  4. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I have been diagnosed with Moderate to Sever Anxiety, Clinical Depression, and Sever Insomnia.

The depression and anxiety were both diagnosed about 5 years ago and have been medicated on and off since then.

The Insomnia was more recent (about a year) and is currently being treated with medication.
  5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Depression, insomnia, social phobia, PTSD, anxiety, unspecified eating disorder.

I've been on and off a whole bunch of medications since 16 (2 years) Zoloft, Zyprexa, sleeping pills, benzo and others
  6. skywalker540

skywalker540 Member

I've been diagnosed with severe depression, severe anxiety, social phobia, anorexia and am currently being assessed for borderline personality disorder. I was told I maybe bi-polar but other professionals think its more likely to be BDP.
  7. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

BPD and GAD, 3 months ago though it has Lasted for 10/15 years. It took 2 sessions of tests, and the time to search in my results, so about one month. But I had been in therapy for 5 months.
  8. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Diagnosed with major depression in Oct 07.
  9. skittles13

skittles13 Member

Dissociative Disorder NOS
    Schizotypal Personality Disorder
    Social Phobia
    Bipolar II Disorder
    Disorder of Written Expression

started the process of getting help august 2009 got diagnosis jan 18th 2010
  10. TerrapinStation

TerrapinStation Well-Known Member

Dhythismic (sp?) disorder w/ episodes of Major Depression
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder
    Panic Disorder
    Paranoid Delusional
    Social Anxiey
    Various phobias including arachnophobia, social phobia and the one where you're afraid of tight spaces (help?)
    Alcoholism and heroin addiction
  11. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

March hare
  12. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I was originally diagnosed with Schizophrenia in 1990, 2 years later it was changed to Bipolar type 1. I see a psychiatrist and a CPN monthly. I have a history of non compliance with my meds :argh:
  13. DS

DS Account Closed

I no longer think i am broken. Perhaps I never was. This may all be in the realm of normal...at least in my head :)
  14. Chlobey

Chlobey Member

Manic depression and paranoid schizophrenia. Which absolutely sucks as I've screwed up my A levels because of it (I was predicted three A's but was admitted to hospital so they could monitor the anti-pyschotic treatment). Was only diagnosed a few months ago but missed out on so much I can't do the exams this year, so have to retake next year but who's to say I'll be better by then...
  15. Im Already Dead

Im Already Dead New Member

Claustrophobia. And I have that too, although not officially diagnosed.

My Dx's are:

Major Depression - Diagnosed April 08 - was as soon as I went for help, though I have had it since I was a kid.
    Generalised Anxiety Disorder - Diagnosed in about October 08 - again, pretty much as soon as I went for help for it, but had it for many years before that
    Social Anxiety Disorder - Diagnosed sometime late 08 or early 09 - only took a few months for this dx, but had it a long time beforehand
    Agoraphobia with Panic Disorder - Same as above
    Borderline Personality Disorder - Same as above
    Eating Disorder of a Restrictive Nature - same as above
    Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Diagnosed around November 08, pretty much straight away, although I've had it since I was very young
    Bipolar II - Not exactly sure when this was diagnosed, just know it's on my charts
    Dissociative Identity Disorder - Diagnosed April 09 - this Dx took about 7 months from when I first went for help, had to wait to get a decent psychologist
    Avoidant Personality Disorder - March 09 - didn't actually go for help for it, was just Dx'ed by my psych
    Body Dysmorphic Disorder - About April/May 09 - same as above
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - Most recent Dx, was only diagnosed with OCD in Feb 2010, though I've had it for years.
  16. Mat Voleido

Mat Voleido Well-Known Member

Diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, and major depressive disorder along with a bit of insomnia. Medications never helped me, until my psychiatrist asked to look at old report cards, and talked to me about some of my previous high school years. He realized I had innattentive ADHD, so I've been medicated for that, which seemed to clear up alot of my comorbid disorders, which seemed to be only side effects. Sometimes, the system/medication works. :smile:
  17. plates

plates Well-Known Member

"acute and transient psychotic disorder :blink:

erm...i think i need to tell them about "the girl in the corner," and how this is related to the above dry new diagnosis that doesn't see the cptsd/mpd thing underneath. i told my cpn about this, and she seemed to realise how fragile i am.
  18. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Schizoaffective disorder - diagnosed June two years ago.
    Major depression - diagnosed when I was 15 or so. 32 now.
  19. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

All diagnosed by my shrink.
  20. RightOverThisMess

RightOverThisMess Active Member

Post-traumatic stress disorder
    Borderline personality disorder
    Major depression
    Generalized anxiety disorder

Also, a diagnosis of Bulimia magically appeared on my records one day even though I have never purged in my life. So that one doesn't count. :blink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.