What Have You Lost?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Godsdrummer, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Addictions suck don't they?

I call my addiction to alcohol, a disease.
    I call it that, because like other diseases it causes sickness and pain, both in the physical and mental arena's of our bodies.

But it doesnt end there, does it. Left untreated, this disease likes to destroy other aspects of our lives.

And so do other addictions. Gambling, sex, drugs, you name it, all of those addictions have killed people, destroyed families and done their general worst on humanity.

So, I lost my family. But for the Grace of God, I got them back.
    And but for the Grace of God I never died, or killed anyone else.

But I am a rare case. So many others have lost so much. Friends I know...and the stories I could tell.

But....I am curious, what have you lost with your addiction?

And what steps are you taking to get your life back on track?

2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

ive lost several friends because of my addictions. arguments when drunk, etc.

3. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I once swore somebody out while drunk and never talked to them again, but I really don't regret it since they were manipulative and were bad for my mental health anyway. In fact, I'm rather sort of proud for finally saying what I had been thinking for years but had been too kind to say before then.

4. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

im quite lucky really, i had lost it all before i started really drinking loads.

now the only think you could say im losing is my health but i want it to be this way so its ok really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.